Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2021 3:12:58 PM EDT
We have been here five years and its the first time we have been locked down due to weather...constant sleet, and the roads were already slick with snow melt and refreeze.... we closed our store for the first time ever do to weather....

Im enjoying it.  Ive been in the shop reworking my casting pot, and powder coating some .40’s....

Anyone else iced in today?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Not here in my NE section of MO. Just maybe 5" of powdery snow and very cold. My wife wife and I take a trip in our Taco about every day just to get out of the house. We went out for pizza last night.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Im down here in Fredericktown I came in to work, no real problems. I just left a bit earlier and drove a bit slower, stopping earlier.
The county and outer main roads are shit.
The Highways seem fine for the most part.
Here in town, just about everything is closed, the courthouse/county building shut down right after lunch.
I've seen numerous good old boys drift around the courthouse square in trucks and SxSs...

My wife works in Leadington. She stayed home from work.
He boss txted her a bit ago and said he was shutting the shop down.
Reports from some friends in Farmington say its pretty bad.

I almost rode my SxS back after lunch just to be a goof, but I didn't feel like diggin it out. My mower and a buncha shit are behind it in the garage.

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't stepped out the door, since it started snowing Saturday afternoon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:17:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not here in my NE section of MO. Just maybe 5" of powdery snow and very cold. My wife wife and I take a trip in our Taco about every day just to get out of the house. We went out for pizza last night.
View Quote

did you go to pizza hut in memphis?? I spent a bit of time up there from time to time...
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
the wife and I have a 10th anniversery tomorrow... we were going to go up to herman and goof off as we have never been around that area... we had to cancel.  My buddy who lives out on the highway says that modot is blading the roads but it is still very slick.... looks like i'm here for a while... it's almost two miles to the highway, and most of that is uphill....
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

did you go to pizza hut in memphis?? I spent a bit of time up there from time to time...
View Quote

No, we drove to a REAL pizza place in Hannibal called DueAmici's. This place we found when driving around Hannibal last year. New small business that has literally skyrocketed. This is one of the best pizza's we have ever eaten. The owner, Brian, is already opening a second pizza place across the river in Quincy, IL. We have not eaten at the Pizza Hut in Memphis but we eat at Lacey's which is a great little diner.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The roads aren't bad here in St Charles but this is the 3rd day of cancelled school this week. I was shocked when I got the email this morning. Our schools were scheduled off tomorrow anyway so it will be a 1-day school week. Times like this I don't appreciate working at home
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm in SW Missouri about 45 miles NW of Springfield. All we have is a dusting of snow and very little ice. Not bad at all other than the cold.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Hi,
We're in Cassville and main highway(37) is very good.  Farm Road were covered with ice, but passable.  Went to Doctors appointment today, no problems for my F250

JJKrzos
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:25:49 AM EDT
[#10]
We went to Jefferson City today, and the only part that was dicey was our driveway.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I got out today in my f250, no problem getting out, she's a bit heavier girl than my rav4.  106 was very  patchy.  Just clear enough to get you into trouble if you were on auto pilot, clear road then curve, then ice patch at next curve....Our city streets are a solid sheet, I guess they spent too much paving them last year and can't afford to put down salt or grade the ice off.. Nothing had me worried until I was coming home, we have about a mile of pretty steep downhill with lots of curves on gravel.... all I can say is thank goodness for modern traction control... easy peasy.... the little rav4 the previous day was exciting to say the least... i guess not much in the way of traction control in 2000!
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know about the rest of you folks but I am sick and tired of this Global Warming. I am ready to back to some Global cooling.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't know about the rest of you folks but I am sick and tired of this Global Warming. I am ready to back to some Global cooling.
View Quote

Most excellent!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
well it finally happened... after two inches of sleet, it's a packed sheet of ice now... since we can't get in and out safely (our drive in on a big hill), I've been getting lots of time in the shop catching up on casting projectiles... I was walking out yesterday, one of my cows mooed, I looked over and bam! I was on the ground... haven't fell on ice in many years... I left a bit of a divot... LOL
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
... haven't fell on ice in many years... I left a bit of a divot... LOL
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Springfield CU is talking about 30-60 minute rolling blackouts. Everyone in the Liberty Utilities area may be affected.
Colder than a well diggers ass out there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#17]
we got hammered pretty good.  This is the most we have been through since being in MO...

our road getting out

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
It turned out to be much worse than I thought it was going to be.
No big deal though, we'll all make it.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#19]
The view from my bathroom window this morning;

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the coldest it's been since I moved to MO.  The weather in Pennsylvania is warmer than here. The weather in NY up on the Canadian border is warmer than here.  It's a good thing I moved here for love, rather than the weather.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is the coldest it's been since I moved to MO.  The weather in Pennsylvania is warmer than here. The weather in NY up on the Canadian border is warmer than here.  It's a good thing I moved here for love, rather than the weather.
View Quote

And in a few months we will all be complaining about the heat and humidity!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top