Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2021 11:32:19 AM EDT
https://www.lakenewsonline.com/story/news/2021/01/19/after-facing-turbulent-start-2021-camden-county-commission-worked-together-tuesday-morning-pass-ordi/4217526001/

After facing a turbulent start to 2021, the Camden County Commission worked together Tuesday morning to pass an ordinance protecting the second amendment rights of county residents.
The ordinance, following closely to the Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA) bill currently on the floor on the state level, installs protections on all federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations which infringe on rights guaranteed by the U.S. Second Amendment.

First District Commissioner James Gohagan provided the exact language of the ordinance, which reads as follows:

All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people's right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this county, shall not be recognized by this county, are specifically rejected by this county, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this county.

(2) Such federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:

(a) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;

(b) The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;

(c) Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(d) Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(e) Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;

(f) Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition by law-abiding citizens;

(g) Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a great start.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a great start.
View Quote

I was discussing this with my brother earlier and I have a theory on how I fear this is going to play out, given the current and foreseeable political climate.

Unless a lot more cities and states do what Camden County just did, I think this is a potential recipe for disaster.  Once you get a few people in Camden County converting their ARs and 3d printing 22 suppressors, I don't think for a second that a dem controlled government and dem controlled alphabet agencies will ignore it or let it slide.  They're going to jump at the chance to send in the feds to arrest those people, and any LEOs that stand in the way, in order to make an example of them.  If it turns in to bloodshed they'll just be painted as terrorists, insurrectionists, etc and the bloodsheed will have been "necessary" to stop "the attack against the rule of law".  Look how fast they put that spin on the capitol events.  The left made it clear that their new method of fighting the right is to paint anyone right of stalin as a threat to society and democracy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I was discussing this with my brother earlier and I have a theory on how I fear this is going to play out, given the current and foreseeable political climate.

Unless a lot more cities and states do what Camden County just did, I think this is a potential recipe for disaster.  Once you get a few people in Camden County converting their ARs and 3d printing 22 suppressors, I don't think for a second that a dem controlled government and dem controlled alphabet agencies will ignore it or let it slide.  They're going to jump at the chance to send in the feds to arrest those people, and any LEOs that stand in the way, in order to make an example of them.  If it turns in to bloodshed they'll just be painted as terrorists, insurrectionists, etc and the bloodsheed will have been "necessary" to stop "the attack against the rule of law".  Look how fast they put that spin on the capitol events.  The left made it clear that their new method of fighting the right is to paint anyone right of stalin as a threat to society and democracy.
View Quote

And yet pot is still, last I checked, on the list of controlled substances, but yet states are legalizing it and the Feds are looking the other way.  Odd how that works, aint it?

Odd they didn't mention the 1985 Assault Weapon Ban.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a great start.

If Camden County can pass a law like this, you can bet others will give it a hardy go at it. And, the last I remember, the States'(cities and county jurisdictions) still have the RIGHT to rule themselves without Federal interference. Of course the Feds will try/have to stick their noses into our business and cut off all funds just to show their strength. That's the game they always play.

Also, we're in the middle of the US where every State around us is RED, except the northern part of Illinois where Chicago rules. You think they don't want a fight? There's too many people(I don't know any, only what I see on tv news) that want to get this "New Party" started.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And yet pot is still, last I checked, on the list of controlled substances, but yet states are legalizing it and the Feds are looking the other way.  Odd how that works, aint it?

Odd they didn't mention the 1985 Assault Weapon Ban.
View Quote

Feds are looking the other way because it's weed and most of the governments support for its decriminalization and legalization has been from the left if I'm not mistaken.

The guns, however, I'd wager they're going to throw everything they have to fight the counties, cities, and states that try to nullify federal regulations like Camden County is doing.  They were emboldened by the election results and what happened at the capitol, and are now realizing how easy it is to bend us over as long as they call us terrorists or say it's to protect democracy.  Get the news to post headlines like "domestic terrorists in Missouri county mass producing automatic assault weapons, protected by corrupt local law enforcement" and the narrative moving forward will be that any bloodshed that resulted from the government stepping in was only to protect the rest of us and to keep scary machine guns off the streets.  If I lived in Camden County I sure as shit wouldn't want to be the first guy to convert my AR unless I knew my entire neighborhood was ready to show up to the party.

I've never been the conspiracy theory type, far from it, but we're living in different times now.  The above scenario is no longer outside the realm of possibility after what the left has done and shown us the last four years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]
This is pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If Camden County can pass a law like this, you can bet others will give it a hardy go at it. And, the last I remember, the States'(cities and county jurisdictions) still have the RIGHT to rule themselves without Federal interference. Of course the Feds will try/have to stick their noses into our business and cut off all funds just to show their strength. That's the game they always play.

Also, we're in the middle of the US where every State around us is RED, except the northern part of Illinois where Chicago rules. You think they don't want a fight? There's too many people(I don't know any, only what I see on tv news) that want to get this "New Party" started.
View Quote

Other counties, cities, and states should follow suit...they need to.  We need more state and local governments standing up against the feds on shit like this.  If they don't, that leaves places like Camden County on their own as low hanging fruit for the feds that'll easily swoop in and squash the rebellion in order to set an example for everyone else.

I'd like to think that being surrounded by red helps, but we can't be certain unless the party actually starts.  I hope it doesn't come to that, and other places just do what Camden County has done.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Feds are looking the other way because it's weed and most of the governments support for its decriminalization and legalization has been from the left if I'm not mistaken.

The guns, however, I'd wager they're going to throw everything they have to fight the counties, cities, and states that try to nullify federal regulations like Camden County is doing.  They were emboldened by the election results and what happened at the capitol, and are now realizing how easy it is to bend us over as long as they call us terrorists or say it's to protect democracy.  Get the news to post headlines like "domestic terrorists in Missouri county mass producing automatic assault weapons, protected by corrupt local law enforcement" and the narrative moving forward will be that any bloodshed that resulted from the government stepping in was only to protect the rest of us and to keep scary machine guns off the streets.  If I lived in Camden County I sure as shit wouldn't want to be the first guy to convert my AR unless I knew my entire neighborhood was ready to show up to the party.

I've never been the conspiracy theory type, far from it, but we're living in different times now.  The above scenario is no longer outside the realm of possibility after what the left has done and shown us the last four years.
View Quote

I don't dispute what you're saying a bit.  What I'm pointing out, is that I find it interesting that they are picking what laws to enforce or ignore on the federal level.  Either we're a country of laws, or we're not.  If they want to decriminalize pot, then take it off the schedule of illegal drugs, don't just look the other way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Good Luck. 2018.

https://apnews.com/article/91541e86b9894ef28db49c75c52c3461
Click to copy