Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 12:48:23 PM EDT
Does anyone know of an acoustic supply shop in St Louis?

Specifically looking for some Roxul Comfortboard 60/80 or Owens Corning 703 boards for a DIY acoustic treatment project.

Unfortunately, the Home Depots, Lowes, Menards near me only carry fiberglass/rockwool batts, and not rigid boards.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought some rigid acoustic board at Menards in Farmington back during the summer. I don't remember the brand though.

For some reason I'm thinking it wasn't a 4x8 sheet. Maybe 3x5? Probably 5/8 or 3/4 inch thick.

Sorry it's not much help, it was the only time I've ever needed some as rock wool and offset studs are my usual route.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I just did a quick search at Menards website and using the phrase "sounds deadening " got quite a few results at the Farmington location.

Attachment Attached File

Looks like I was way wrong on the size too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for that. Although at 1/2" thick, I'd need 4 boards for a single panel... that's gonna get pricey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top