Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2021 2:05:59 AM EDT
Cross posting this from the Kansas HTF with @Lomshek 's permission.

Link

Shit’s getting real.

If you value arfcom friendships or contacts get people’s real names and contact info and get together IRL.

Establish comms via Ham HF like Ben recommends in this thread.  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/May-I-give-some-advice-/5-2411468/

Get with the American Pioneer Corps or American Contingency or both and similar community minded patriots for mutual defense and activism.

Create networks of real friends who you can rely on when called and establish other comms methods besides phones.

If you have like minded friends in church or other community groups get more serious about keeping in touch with them.  Those small groups of trusted friends will be invaluable.

If you’re a moody loaner with an assault rifle stop being a moody loaner, swallow your fear and make friends via competitive shooting, hiking, bowling or any other interest you care even a little about.

Signal and Telegram are great encrypted text apps that you should get but require cell service so killing the tower(s) that handle your neighborhood would kill your ability to use it.  As long as you have cell service they work great.

Get on this shit like your life depends on it.

ETA: I'm willing to keep a list for anyone if people are ok with that. Your info will not get out unless you say it is ok. I am working on getting a more secure email and some other things.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
This is more important now than ever since arf has been killed once already.

bigbryce31186 is absolutely correct!  Missouri members should email him this info.

Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share:

I'm happy to add any Missourians my contact list but you should send the info to bigbryce31186 for the separate Missouri list.  If anyone in western Missouri wants to be added to the Kansas list due to proximity email me the info to [email protected]

I'm in Pittsburg, KS and am a member of two ranges in the area.  I ran our local club's USPSA matches for nearly 10 years and have been an Appleseed shoot boss for years as well.

We'll use the info to organize off site get togethers in member's counties/areas or statewide and comms via one of the messaging apps or email.  I'm sharing my info with anyone who emails me.

I'll have the only Kansas master list access for now and can coordinate small regional group or large group email or encrypted text discussion on Signal or Telegram.  If everyone is ok with it I could just email a copy of the contact list to everyone but don't want to do that unless it's OK.

It requires trusting me but I don't see any other way and the likelihood of losing arfcom is pretty high at the rate things are going.  Besides being on arfcom for a long time I’m a Project Appleseed shoot boss and ran USPSA matches for almost 10 years.

I'm working on securing my Ham license and am hoping to start some radio comms sessions with anyone interested.  As we figure that out I'll share more info.

Having a group of capable and trusted people all over the state may come in handy.

If you have another idea on how to do this that might work better I'm open to anything.

I'd suggest the Missouri gang set up their own list as well like bigbryce31186 is trying to do.  If arf gets killed next week by AWS then all the on site info is lost.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:06:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You people are insane.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You saw what Parlor announced did ya not?

Whats to keep this place  or any other from getting shutting down?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You people are insane.
View Quote

Ok.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You people are insane.

Ok.

He'll play his holier than thou schtick all the way into the gas chambers
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
You just never know what the govt is going too pull on the people or its enemies...

More so with Dems in power..
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You saw what Parlor announced did ya not?

Whats to keep this place  or any other from getting shutting down?
View Quote

He's asking you to not believe your lying eyes.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]
We used to have meet and greets.  Of course most of the restaurants are on lock down.   Would love to get together with some folks.  If nothing else just to yak and have a drink or two.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm for it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We used to have meet and greets.  Of course most of the restaurants are on lock down.   Would love to get together with some folks.  If nothing else just to yak and have a drink or two.
View Quote

Didn't a bunch of us meet up at Tucker's in South County, once or twice???
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can only remember 1 or 2 and those were for the KC area. There have been several APC State hikes, the past few months however. I understand people aren't able to make them or physically can't hike etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:35:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember going to a few of the CMMG shoots way back in the day.
That was fun times.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
That was fun times.
View Quote

I was thinking about those the other day
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we did, but after a few of those - folks stopped responding to requests to keep them going.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You people are insane.
View Quote

Go daddy shut us down today. Link. Would you like to recant your statement? Or do we start with the told you so and welcome to the parties?

@Bladeswitcher
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Go daddy shut us down today. Link. Would you like to recant your statement? Or do we start with the told you so and welcome to the parties?

@Bladeswitcher
View Quote

No. I stand by my statement. But you’ll never know, seeing as how godaddy took down the site.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No. I stand by my statement. But you’ll never know, seeing as how godaddy took down the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bladeswitcher

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:39:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bladeswitcher

I did get a good chuckle out of that one
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Link

Shit’s getting real.

If you value arfcom friendships or contacts get people’s real names and contact info and get together IRL.

Get with the American Pioneer Corps or American Contingency or both and similar community minded patriots for mutual defense and activism.

Create networks of real friends who you can rely on when called and establish other comms methods besides phones.

If you have like minded friends in church or other community groups get more serious about keeping in touch with them.  Those small groups of trusted friends will be invaluable.

If you’re a moody loaner with an assault rifle stop being a moody loaner, swallow your fear and make friends via competitive shooting, hiking, bowling or any other interest you care even a little about.

Signal and Telegram are great encrypted text apps that you should get but require cell service so killing the tower(s) that handle your neighborhood would kill your ability to use it.  As long as you have cell service they work great.

ETA: I'm willing to keep a list for anyone if people are ok with that. Your info will not get out unless you say it is ok. I am working on getting a more secure email and some other things.
View Quote

I have a less than 0.0% chance of being able to shell out the money for an HF set.  It's just not going to happen.  

As for get togethers and contacts, I'm good to start doing that and will volunteers for the list
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bladeswitcher

I laughed too. That's what I get for being cocky
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I have a less than 0.0% chance of being able to shell out the money for an HF set.  It's just not going to happen.  

As for get togethers and contacts, I'm good to start doing that and will volunteers for the list
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Shit’s getting real.

Get a Baofeng like the rest of us poors!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#23]
www.ar15-backup.com
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was fun times.

Those were fun times.   That was my intro into 3-Gun.  That was expensive in a short amount of time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#27]

bigbryce31186 is absolutely correct!  Missouri members should email him this info.

Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share:

I'm happy to add any Missourians my contact list but you should send the info to bigbryce31186 for the separate Missouri list.  If anyone in western Missouri wants to be added to the Kansas list due to proximity email me the info to [email protected]

I'm in Pittsburg, KS and am a member of two ranges in the area.  I ran our local club's USPSA matches for nearly 10 years and have been an Appleseed shoot boss for years as well.

We'll use the info to organize off site get togethers in member's counties/areas or statewide and comms via one of the messaging apps or email.  I'm sharing my info with anyone who emails me.

I'll have the only Kansas master list access for now and can coordinate small regional group or large group email or encrypted text discussion on Signal or Telegram.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds good, but I'm one of those that doesn't live near anything or anybody with like minded ideas. Everyone on here is close to 100 miles from me.

I do have an emergency radio that also has short-bands. Is there a particular channel I can use to know what's going on, or if site goes down again? It has SW1(3.2-8.0 MHz) and SW2(9.0-18 MHz) bands on it? Times of broadcasts would also help.

Other than that my walkie-talkies/cell phone are my communication. Thought about some HF radio(s), but money is very tight in retirement. I do also have a CB radio that I haven't used in 20yrs, but that's probably not hip enough nowadays.

Would like to give my info, but really what good is it, when living out in boonies?

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You people are insane.
View Quote

I immediately took that as a happy compliment.
Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share:

I'll have the only Kansas master list access for now and can coordinate small regional group or large group email or encrypted text discussion on Signal or Telegram.
View Quote

Going to get a new email set up today and I'll send you my info, I'm close enough to the KC side and am over there fairly regularly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The AR15.COM Domain has been moved and is back up and running. There is no need to use the -backup domain anymore.

We ran into a couple delays, but GoDaddy helped with expediting the move once they restored it for 24 hours. Through all of this, it's hard for me to fault the hard working folks who are there. As for the decision team who is behind the illegal shutdown, they really need to evaluate if doing what is right should be more important than bowing to pressure.

Regardless, welcome back ARFCOM!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Going to get a new email set up today and I'll send you my info, I'm close enough to the KC side and am over there fairly regularly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share:

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sounds good, but I'm one of those that doesn't live near anything or anybody with like minded ideas. Everyone on here is close to 100 miles from me.

I do have an emergency radio that also has short-bands. Is there a particular channel I can use to know what's going on, or if site goes down again? It has SW1(3.2-8.0 MHz) and SW2(9.0-18 MHz) bands on it? Times of broadcasts would also help.

Other than that my walkie-talkies/cell phone are my communication. Thought about some HF radio(s), but money is very tight in retirement. I do also have a CB radio that I haven't used in 20yrs, but that's probably not hip enough nowadays.

Would like to give my info, but really what good is it, when living out in boonies?

View Quote

And in the spirit of the OPSEC concept, no one is going to post their location to let you know if anyone is closer than you think.

And those who do want to start up IRL gatherings, I wonder how many do so for ulterior motives...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And in the spirit of the OPSEC concept, no one is going to post their location to let you know if anyone is closer than you think.

And those who do want to start up IRL gatherings, I wonder how many do so for ulterior motives...
View Quote

I may not know exactly where members live, but just seeing a few meet/greet messages and questions asked on here, the closest so far is still about 40 miles from me that I know of.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#35]
The tacked thread with names and locations might help;

Edit - That thread is now deleted.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm working on another thread that will hopefully answer some of your HAM questions. Yes. This thread started as an emergency. I think it can be more than that though. We are all like minded individuals. We are a community from different walks of life. Have a bad storm at the farm and need some help clearing trees? Reach out. Have a nephew or kid that needs to learn hard labor and wants some cash? Reach out.

In your situation a phone would be best to reach out to someone here, but that may not be possible. We can figure something out though. This is new for everyone and we're still figuring stuff out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do it because I want to have friends who are like minded. I feel like we are a community and should help each other when we can. I believe that's the end goal here and what this website has always been about.

I did not take that as a personal jab either. I hope that wasn't your intention anyways. The few members I have met on here seem like straight forward people just wanting to live their lives free.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I do it because I want to have friends who are like minded. I feel like we are a community and should help each other when we can. I believe that's the end goal here and what this website has always been about.

I did not take that as a personal jab either. I hope that wasn't your intention anyways. The few members I have met on here seem like straight forward people just wanting to live their lives free.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct, not a personal jab or insinuation. Just an eye-opener for some that the guy who is all friendly and wanting to get together for a group shoot may just have credentials from a 3 letter agency.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:03:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You are correct, not a personal jab or insinuation. Just an eye-opener for some that the guy who is all friendly and wanting to get together for a group shoot may just have credentials from a 3 letter agency.
View Quote

Greetings fellow gun enthusiast!!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Join the Battle Buddy/APC groups, get a BaoFeng and a technician license, less than 50 buck total for both. Find a local Ham (BB or APC if there are any in your group), get your license find your local repater frequency and just get some experience with mindless chatter, you can even talk about your gout or arthritis or argue which is better, 45 or 9mm.  The idea is learn how to operate your equipment. Get out there and network, After just a few times you will have an idea what someone is like, their strong and weak points. Meet up at the range, see how they handle a gun (hint, gun handling is beaten in your skull when it is part of the job. Might tell how truthful someone is about how much they know or where they learned it)
Anyway do something. Try to do something with someone else. However it ends up will be better than if you did nothing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I suppose when the weather gets better I can schedule another shoot at Pigeon Hill (just south of St. Joseph)

MAYBE, just MAYBE I can get use of our private range that’s four miles North of St. Joseph (photos below)

https://i.imgur.com/9qKDXCK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dUX0fmz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/l3hhUdt.jpg

75 foot tall shale backstop (SOFT rock)

https://i.imgur.com/DOWygsU.jpg
View Quote

I have access to a private range south of KC if a couple guys want to go. 100y to over 1000y
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:40:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I have access to a private range south of KC if a couple guys want to go. 100y to over 1000y
View Quote

This sounds good. How far south of KC we talking? I'm just east of Harrisonville.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top