Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 10:42:14 AM EDT
My wife and I own a small general store in Ellington.  After we ran out of ammo and reloading supplies, and getting resupplied will probably be far in the future.  I came up with the idea to let folks use our parking lot for a swap meet to find what they need.

So, if you have ammo for guns that you no longer own, or have a surplus weapon or two, or just want to horse trade, come on out.  Last month was our first time to try it, and it was a pretty good success ( i think).  We had about 70 or so folks show up and a fair amount of trading/buying going on.  We were asked if we could do it again, so here it is...

A local lady will be there with coffee and breakfast of some sort ...

7 a.m. to 9 a.m. or when ever folks get tired and drift off.  It a tail gate sort of event, so plan accordingly.  If it rains we have a large covered carport sort of thing we will set up tables for...  there is no charge and no association for the store, we are just letting folks use our parking lot...
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Really decent of you and your wife's thing to do. Shows great community support.

Wish you lots of luck and I'll guarantee when/IF things get back to better, people will remember you and your store for business.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Very kind of you and your wife, Sir...
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats good of you. I stopped by your shop a few weeks ago, just two ladies at the counter so I assumed one of them wasn't you

Cool shop you have, I bought a soap variety pack and am really digging it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 3:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Is this you OP?

Buddy of mine lives down that way and we're thinking of stopping in. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, thats us!, come on by. The more the merrier! If you have lots to trade, you might want to bring a table to set up on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a great idea!
I sold a bunch of extra ammo on consignment at my local hardware store that doubles as a gun shop. Consigned a couple guns too. Made more on the ammo than the guns.

Looks like you're a 2.5 hour drive north east of me. I might try to stop by tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Come on by and say hello, ive never met a fellow arfcomer in the wild lol.  Im a tall fat fellow with glasses and will prob be wearing a green hat.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll dig around here and see what I have to bring.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Bringing some crappy Tula Brass Max 9mm. It goes bang, but you have to work for it. Good for failure drills.
Also have a Mixmaster Glock 26.

And 1000 Wolf Large Pistol Primers
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Great idea! If I didn't live almost 4 hours away I would have gone. Hope you had a fruitful morning.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Let us know how it goes.  I have some 8mm ammo I don't need and could trade for something.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]
We had a good turn out. Lots more looking to buy than sell , but there was a lot of trading and I sold a couple guns that were superfluous to my needs...so a couple boys showed up from winonna with 50k rounds of ammo of various calibers...all in all I would say it was a success. Thanks to those that came.  I had a good time.  We will probably have another one next month...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We had a good turn out. Lots more looking to buy than sell , but there was a lot of trading and I sold a couple guns that were superfluous to my needs...so a couple boys showed up from winonna with 50k rounds of ammo of various calibers...all in all I would say it was a success. Thanks to those that came.  I had a good time.  We will probably have another one next month...
View Quote

Good for you...that sounds like you all had a great morning.  Dang I wish I lived closer!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:54:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the invite. I really liked your shop.
Good group of people there.

We'll have to do it again.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Great idea. If I wasn't 200 miles west, I'd have intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top