Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 10:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep I'm in! Got out early this morning and got a couple miles in at lake jacomo while it was cool out, felt pretty good but looking forward to building up to something tougher.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dying to get outdoors beyond my porch.
I'd get in on a SW hike even an overnight. Anyone up for a trip to Hercules Glade in the next couple of weeks?

I'd be down for that. I have it on the list of places to hike, but I have never been.

@HEIT_APDST
Im already ready for another jaunt in the woods. When were you thinking (weekend/week day etc)?

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

Are you guys planning on going September 1 still?

I'm in if he is! @Shootindave you in?

Yep I'm in! Got out early this morning and got a couple miles in at lake jacomo while it was cool out, felt pretty good but looking forward to building up to something tougher.

Do you want to just meet at Happy rock? Later evening would be best for me. We can do 4 miles paved, pr do the full 7ish. Something easy for the first time. The place I went the other day in Parkville would be an easier hike as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Do you want to just meet at Happy rock? Later evening would be best for me. We can do 4 miles paved, pr do the full 7ish. Something easy for the first time. The place I went the other day in Parkville would be an easier hike as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dying to get outdoors beyond my porch.
I'd get in on a SW hike even an overnight. Anyone up for a trip to Hercules Glade in the next couple of weeks?

I'd be down for that. I have it on the list of places to hike, but I have never been.

@HEIT_APDST
Im already ready for another jaunt in the woods. When were you thinking (weekend/week day etc)?

@Domnior
@bigbryce31186

Are you guys planning on going September 1 still?

I'm in if he is! @Shootindave you in?

@Flak-Magnet I think we need to Notify Ben and register to make these official. I think we're fine if we're just training to work up to the qualifications. But if we want to make it offical and make offical times and what not he needs to be notified.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Flak-Magnet I think we need to Notify Ben and register to make these official. I think we're fine if we're just training to work up to the qualifications. But if we want to make it offical and make offical times and what not he needs to be notified.
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder. I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago and have not heard back. I just posted in the guidelines thread to see if we can get some guidance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 12:20:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the reminder. I sent him a PM a couple of weeks ago and have not heard back. I just posted in the guidelines thread to see if we can get some guidance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Ben replied with this:

Quoted:

Just focus on making the initial hike with three people then reach back to us.

Take the first step and stuff will start falling into place.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Happy rock works for me, or there is one not too far from there called hidden valley that looks decent too, gets off of the paved path and into the woods a little bit. I'm good either way, I'll send you a PM with my number.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Happy rock works for me, or there is one not too far from there called hidden valley that looks decent too, gets off of the paved path and into the woods a little bit. I'm good either way, I'll send you a PM with my number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hidden Vally isn't in the best area. Parvin and 435 by Worlds of Fun. Hodge Park would be a good one. 435 and 96th Street.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hidden Vally isn't in the best area. Parvin and 435 by Worlds of Fun. Hodge Park would be a good one. 435 and 96th Street.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would drive up there to help you make three participants on Sept 1st, but it does not seem that the baby will hold out to the due date.. so I will be staying closer to home until they arrive.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I would drive up there to help you make three participants on Sept 1st, but it does not seem that the baby will hold out to the due date.. so I will be staying closer to home until they arrive.
View Quote

Some of yall need to get your priorities straight. Jobs, kids.

An early congrats on the kiddo
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Tomorrow at about 5:15 Domnior and myself are meeting at Happy Rock park. Any KC guys interested are more than welcome to join. No weight necessary as this is not an official APC trial.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Tomorrow at about 5:15 Domnior and myself are meeting at Happy Rock park. Any KC guys interested are more than welcome to join. No weight necessary as this is not an official APC trial.
View Quote

Good luck guys, sorry I cant make it. I just got back from 5mi solo jaunt in the park in your honor though!
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 11:24:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good luck guys, sorry I cant make it. I just got back from 5mi solo jaunt in the park in your honor though!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! Had a good time and talk with Dominor. We kept a good pace. My pack was about 35 pounds with water. I'll see how it feels tomorrow though. we're planning on doing it again here in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nice! Had a good time and talk with Dominor. We kept a good pace. My pack was about 35 pounds with water. I'll see how it feels tomorrow though. we're planning on doing it again here in a couple weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome! Keep up the good work. I am reaching out to some of my non arfcom friend's/acquaintances to see if I can get more interest for you up there or me down here. Im also starting to think of ideas for things we can do for a larger meetings. I see some other groups doing things like Land Nav training, ham, and medical training. I have a little background in most of those, but am no expert. Everyone be thinking of things you would like to see covered and hopefully we can find experts for instruction.

I just did another 5 mile jaunt tonight as I know getting time in the next couple of weeks with the baby will be even more difficult.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#14]
@1787
@Tree-hugger
@Thermos449

Anyone want to take on organizing a stroll in the park for you guys? Time is flying fast and (hopefully) the regional hikes will not be too much further off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#15]
It may be a good idea to start trying to organize a date if we want to do a larger get together with more of us we've got 2 months or so of prime weather coming up before it starts getting sketchy to plan anything. I'd love to get as big of a group as we can going, and doing some other things along with it like Flak mentioned would be interesting too.

What say you, slackers?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@1787
@Tree-hugger
@Thermos449

Anyone want to take on organizing a stroll in the park for you guys? Time is flying fast and (hopefully) the regional hikes will not be too much further off.
View Quote

I’m game and know a few Conservation Area trails on the East side of the state.

I’m good for the weekends and possibly late afternoons during the week.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like APC has gained enough steam to get it's own sub-forum

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/American-Pioneer-Corps/69/
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Looks like APC has gained enough steam to get it's own sub-forum

https://www.ar15.com/forums/hometown/American-Pioneer-Corps/69/
View Quote

Just saw this. We need to get MO on there!
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 3:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Awesome! Keep up the good work. I am reaching out to some of my non arfcom friend's/acquaintances to see if I can get more interest for you up there or me down here. Im also starting to think of ideas for things we can do for a larger meetings. I see some other groups doing things like Land Nav training, ham, and medical training. I have a little background in most of those, but am no expert. Everyone be thinking of things you would like to see covered and hopefully we can find experts for instruction.

I just did another 5 mile jaunt tonight as I know getting time in the next couple of weeks with the baby will be even more difficult.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've found some really good, lengthy trails around the state we can look at for a future group meet. I'll link them Monday or Tuesday when I have time. I have some med training (EMT School 10 years ago) and keep up on TCCC guidelines. I'm sure we have a doctor wandering here though. This is ARFCOM Interested in HAM for sure. I bought a Baofeng a while back, haven't got certified yet however.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Big Piney Trail Forrest service page 17 miles round trip. 1,900 feet in elevation gain, water can be sparce. This would be good to learn how to treat water we find, different filtering techniques etc, dispersed camping (means no structures, we would be roughing it and burying our poop ). As far as I can tell, we can carry firearms there (someone should double check this. I don't want to get everyone in trouble.)

Ozark Trail Taum Sauk Section Forestry Service link
About the same as Big Piney. Listed as hard. This is not a loop, so we would have to turn back at some point and go the way we came.

Whispering Pines Trail Hawn State Park

Several more trails listed here. Just some suggestions. We could do smaller trails as well. I think I just hate myself and want yall to suffer with me. I left the 30 and 40 milers out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been seeing a lot of those APC threads and I'm super interested in it!

I would love to go on some hikes and work on some weighed hikes wit my some people.

im kinda out of shape currently but I've been working on that all summer so I can hopefully do some decent hikes soon

edit: I'm in the stl area
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I’ll try to make a meet/hike if there is anyone near KCKS.

I’m over in Leavenworth and am a little familiar with the Weston Bend trails.

Happy hiking!
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Happy hiking!
View Quote

@CPTCARL I will @ you for the next KC hike. Dominor and myself met last week for one. We'll be doing it again. I posted in the KSHTF as well, if you ever hang out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been seeing a lot of those APC threads and I'm super interested in it!

I would love to go on some hikes and work on some weighed hikes wit my some people.

im kinda out of shape currently but I've been working on that all summer so I can hopefully do some decent hikes soon

edit: I'm in the stl area
View Quote

Round is in fact a shape . That's the awesome thing about this whole thing. It's people of all different shapes, sizes and backgrounds coming together for a common goal. Hiking is a great workout as well!
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#25]
OP has been MIA the past few days. Wonder if they finally had the kiddo.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did have the little one and are back home from the hospital! I'm currently in the running-on-four-hours-of-sleep stage so it may take me a bit to get caught up on all the posts. I will try to get to some of that tomorrow. From a quick glance it looks like interest and motivation is building and we got a new forum which is awesome.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:16:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We did have the little one and are back home from the hospital! I'm currently in the running-on-four-hours-of-sleep stage so it may take me a bit to get caught up on all the posts. I will try to get to some of that tomorrow. From a quick glance it looks like interest and motivation is building and we got a new forum which is awesome.
View Quote

Congrats man!
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome man! Congrats to the both of you enjoy it and get used to getting a lot less sleep. It gets better....eventually
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@CPTCARL I will @ you for the next KC hike. Dominor and myself met last week for one. We'll be doing it again. I posted in the KSHTF as well, if you ever hang out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Happy hiking!

Much appreciated!

I do check out the KSHTF, but it isn't as active as the MOHTF.

Thanks again for any heads up you send my way.

b
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Round is in fact a shape . That's the awesome thing about this whole thing. It's people of all different shapes, sizes and backgrounds coming together for a common goal. Hiking is a great workout as well!
View Quote
You definitely are not wrong but at this point in my life I'd rather run than roll so it's great to hear everyone works together!
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Any interest in a hike this Sunday in St. Charles county ?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Time is running away and with this cold snap I am realizing that we are already getting into prime MO hiking conditions. My hope was that by this time we would have several hiking groups around the state already doing 6 miles or more by this time, but life gets in the way .

I know it has been hard to be motivated when you cant find anyone else to go with you. So I guess the question is, do we want to schedule a hike here in the next couple weeks that is a statewide/regional hike where we attempt to do at least 6 miles so that we can get the interested people together? Since it would likely involve several hours of travel, we could potentially end the hike at a campground so those who want to camp the night there can do so or could drive back that day if they so choose.

Thoughts? Who would be interested in a fairly simple hike/potential camp in 2 or 3 weeks (9/26 or 10/3)?

Link Posted: 9/14/2020 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Time is running away and with this cold snap I am realizing that we are already getting into prime MO hiking conditions. My hope was that by this time we would have several hiking groups around the state already doing 6 miles or more by this time, but life gets in the way .

I know it has been hard to be motivated when you cant find anyone else to go with you. So I guess the question is, do we want to schedule a hike here in the next couple weeks that is a statewide/regional hike where we attempt to do at least 6 miles so that we can get the interested people together? Since it would likely involve several hours of travel, we could potentially end the hike at a campground so those who want to camp the night there can do so or could drive back that day if they so choose.

Thoughts? Who would be interested in a fairly simple hike/potential camp in 2 or 3 weeks (9/26 or 10/3)?

View Quote

I'm down! The weekend of 10/3 or even 10/17 would be great for me. I'd be fine making it a camping trip or just a day trip. I've been fighting a hurting back the last 2 weeks or so, so I haven't gotten out like I want to, hopefully I'll be good by then.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I'm down! The weekend of 10/3 or even 10/17 would be great for me. I'd be fine making it a camping trip or just a day trip. I've been fighting a hurting back the last 2 weeks or so, so I haven't gotten out like I want to, hopefully I'll be good by then.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well that is one. Anyone else interested?
@Bigbryce31186
@Shootindave
@Tree-hugger
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@Bigbryce31186
@Shootindave
@Tree-hugger
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Bigbryce31186
@Shootindave
@Tree-hugger

The 3rd works best for me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:47:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where is this happening?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where is this happening?
View Quote

Good question! It has not been decided yet as im still gauging interest. bigbryce31186 posted some options earlier and I had previously done some research. In my humble opinion it should be a location fairly central in the state. I like the Big Piney Trail (Alltrails page) as being fairly central and pretty remote. I had also looked at some others closer to Lake of the Ozarks as that may be a little more central to the state. My main criteria at this point is that we can do at least 6 miles and then potentially camp. I know Bryce is all for going 30 miles but I doubt many of us could make it.

I would say it is safe to assume that a couple of hours of travel for all will be involved.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:42:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Bigbryce31186
@Shootindave
@Tree-hugger
View Quote

I talked with my GM tonight. I'm covering a couple shifts for him in mid October, and he was ok if i took a day off. I was looking at the 3rd. Still need to get it okayed by the owner however. I would just drive down after work Friday night and leave Sunday morning if I'm able to come.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:49:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good question! It has not been decided yet as im still gauging interest. bigbryce31186 posted some options earlier and I had previously done some research. In my humble opinion it should be a location fairly central in the state. I like the Big Piney Trail (Alltrails page) as being fairly central and pretty remote. I had also looked at some others closer to Lake of the Ozarks as that may be a little more central to the state. My main criteria at this point is that we can do at least 6 miles and then potentially camp. I know Bryce is all for going 30 miles but I doubt many of us could make it.

I would say it is safe to assume that a couple of hours of travel for all will be involved.
View Quote

Like I said, i hate myself .  My idea for that was more of a backpacking/bivy, 2 or 3 day trip. Hike a few miles each day, set up camp each night, repeat the next day.

I would be ok with Big Piney or Ha Ha Tonka State Park. Not as remote, but more central in the state. Just under 3 hours from STL and KC. A 6 mile loop and plenty of camping.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Like I said, i hate myself .  My idea for that was more of a backpacking/bivy, 2 or 3 day trip. Hike a few miles each day, set up camp each night, repeat the next day.

I would be ok with Big Piney or Ha Ha Tonka State Park. Not as remote, but more central in the state. Just under 3 hours from STL and KC. A 6 mile loop and plenty of camping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like that idea, I'd be a dick and push us to go a little further than we think we could that should be our second round though once we past this first one.

So we're just under two weeks from the 3rd and it sounds like 4-5 of us are interested. If we're going to push for that I think we need to make a decision pretty quick so we can push it through jobs, wives, etc and get it planned. What do you think boys?

@bigbryce31186
@Flak-Magnet
@tree-hugger
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Just to be clear...

Hike, set up camp in woods, hike back to vehicles.

If so, I need to buy a couple things.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I think it will depend on the spot we pick but it could be that or a camping spot by the cars, then hiking out from there. I think camping would be totally optional too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just to be clear...

Hike, set up camp in woods, hike back to vehicles.

If so, I need to buy a couple things.
View Quote

That was my idea, however I think most people are wanting to hike and possibly just car camp. I'm not totally set to bivy hike yet either. Still need to get a couple things as well
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm not opposed to going that route, I don't have anything to be set up for it either so I'd need to get busy if we want to do it
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a CamelBak Motherload pack that I routinely carry fully loaded while dirtbiking.  Weighs about 30-40lbs, so I’m pretty sure I can hump it a for a long hike.

I don’t have it set up for backpack camping, but could make due if I forgo the cooking gear and pack tent, air sleeping pad and fart bag.

Just to throw this out there...

I could also haul a pretty big RV that would allow 5 guys to have their own bed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have a CamelBak Motherload pack that I routinely carry fully loaded while dirtbiking.  Weighs about 30-40lbs, so I’m pretty sure I can hump it a for a long hike.

I don’t have it set up for backpack camping, but could make due if I forgo the cooking gear and pack tent, air sleeping pad and fart bag.

Just to throw this out there...

I could also haul a pretty big RV that would allow 5 guys to have their own bed.
View Quote

I would chip in some gas money if you did that. I'm fine with whatever honestly, just glad we're getting something together finally!
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:02:59 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m happy bring it !

I’ll need a lot of room for this rig.
It’s a 24’ toy hauler that is really tall.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#48]
@CPTCARL would you be interested in this?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Wait, so we just went from bivy camping to glamping?
Attachment Attached File

Lol. If that's what majority wants I'm fine with it, it may dictate the location though. Let's just make a decision so we can plan.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Haven't heard from Flak for a few days... @Flak-Magnet you still alive or has your livelihood and energy been absorbed by the new offspring?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top