Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2018 8:35:12 PM EDT
Went to DMV today to get trailer plate renewal, which for this year I could get a permanent. I chose permanent plate.

WOW, I got handed a new plate and they are very nice. Can someone please help me out and show a pic, as I'm not capable?

It's a new Bicentennial(1821-2021). Background is white reflective with the Seal of Missouri done in what looks like a tattoo outline in center. Dark Blue lettering/numbers, with red solid upper border with 4 inner wavey lines with bottom of plate having blue solid outer edging with 4 inner wavey lines.

Just to left of center is a 3-D looking hologram ribbon that runs from top to bottom of plate and can only be seen when looking at certain angles.

Wonder what new vehicle/motorcycle plates will look like if my trailer plate looks this nice? Unless it's for only certain purchases.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 10:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
All of our work vehicles have gotten these new plates.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I was just on a site about Missouri's plates and they said if you renewed or got new registration before Oct 15 then you got the old style plates, but anyone registering after Oct 15 is getting the new plates.

I hadn't heard or seen anyone with these new plates until I got one today.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm not saying they aren't nice but it sure seems like a waste of money to change plates as often as we have.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 9:43:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://missouri2021.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/BicentennialLicensePlate_MO2021.png

I'm not saying they aren't nice but it sure seems like a waste of money to change plates as often as we have.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to see the trailer plates made the same size as motorcycle plates.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not like you get new plates every year or they're mailing these to people and telling them to throw away their blue plates.  They just replace the plates every 5-6 yrs when you come due.  My plates look like hell after 3-4 yrs and I usually have to request new ones.  If memory serves, they charge me for new ones anyway.....under $10.

I dont really see how changing the design on something going forward is a huge expense.  Instead of making blue ones with the bird on them, now they're white.  Youll get them eventually.  BFD.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:12:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I read that these new plates cost the state $17 million.

I read that here at STLToday.com.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:11:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I read that these new plates cost the state $17 million.

I read that here at STLToday.com.
View Quote
Yeah, but they're charging people $3.xx a set to recoup that.  Unless you don't drive a vehicle, plates need to be replaced after that many years anyway.  My blue plates are all bubbled up from rust under the paint.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 220 of those to change by the end of the year
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would like to see the trailer plates made the same size as motorcycle plates.
View Quote
That would be nice. There wouldn't be so many plates bent up, from being too close to the ground on small trailers.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://missouri2021.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/BicentennialLicensePlate_MO2021.png

View Quote
Meh, it's just other people's money.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:02:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Meh, it's just other people's money.
View Quote
I know a guy who worked on them. It took them 6 months with overtime
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, but they're charging people $3.xx a set to recoup that.  Unless you don't drive a vehicle, plates need to be replaced after that many years anyway.  My blue plates are all bubbled up from rust under the paint.
View Quote
My plates on my truck are 8 years old and they are totally fine. I think my cars plates are 4 or 5 now and nothing wrong with them either.
Ive never seen an aluminum missouri license plate with rust and Ive got a ton of them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The old plates make good dust pans ,, shit I remember the 1976 plate
had to have that one too ..

TS2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top