Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2018 6:29:47 PM EDT
According to this article you can't have both.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2018/11/08/guns-and-medical-weed-you-cant-have-both-despite-amendment-2/1928401002/
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 11:40:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn’t bother to follow the link, but no you can’t have pot and own firearms. Violation of Federal law.

Same thing if your employer states you can’t have pot in your system.

No matter what a state says, Marijuana is still illegal under Federal law.........NO EXCEPTIONS.
View Quote
So those with a medical marijuana card have to surrender their guns?

Did not know that.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:13:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't have to SURRENDER guns you just can't buy them from a dealer anymore... in the US... since Pot is STILL illegal in the United States...
Regardless of the state level the state doesn't approve your 4473 the Federal Gov't does, specifically the F B I...
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, BUT, if you are found to be using/in possession of pot you can (And probably will) be charged with a Felony if you own any firearms.
View Quote
Not my problem...
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#7]
No one in the gun world needs to be getting a med card.....just keep getting it from the same place you always have.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No, BUT, if you are found to be using/in possession of pot you can (And probably will) be charged with a Felony if you own any firearms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't have to SURRENDER guns you just can't buy them from a dealer anymore... in the US... since Pot is STILL illegal in the United States...
Regardless of the state level the state doesn't approve your 4473 the Federal Gov't does, specifically the F B I...
Its too bad that bill was vetoed in our state that would have prohibited local and state LE from assisting and cooperating with federal LE enforcing federal firearms regulations.  Then we wouldn't have to worry about it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 6:02:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Why can't a person have a medical marijuana card and own/buy firearms? I understand the part about using or possessing marijuana and own/buy firearms. I don't understand the part about having a medical marijuana card and own/buy firearms.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:25:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Unless you want an all paid vacation at Club Fed.

Here is a "cut & paste" of the applicable section of a Form 4473....

https://i.imgur.com/GPPcRGT.jpg
View Quote
I've been saying this as long as the topic has been debated... But, most people "Know Better", or interpret it as they want...

In this case the local law doesn't really help much, needs to be federal too for any good..
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why can't a person have a medical marijuana card and own/buy firearms? I understand the part about using or possessing marijuana and own/buy firearms. I don't understand the part about having a medical marijuana card and own/buy firearms.
View Quote
I argued that point in GD a few weeks ago and it seems that in other states it didn't matter if you consumed or not, a card was enough to get your pee pee slapped.

I bet less than 5 more years of this nonsense and it'll be decriminalized.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I argued that point in GD a few weeks ago and it seems that in other states it didn't matter if you consumed or not, a card was enough to get your pee pee slapped.

View Quote
Not saying I agree with it, but I guess the thought is, why would you go though the hoops of getting the card, just to not partake, whatever your reason.

Again, I think the whole thing it is stupid.  Its like they are dangling a carrot and ready with the bat when you reach for it...  Govt!!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think it would come under intent.

Also, keep in mind that if they decide to test you they are probably going for a hair test. Which will show if you have used during the growth period of the hair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it would come under intent.

Also, keep in mind that if they decide to test you they are probably going for a hair test. Which will show if you have used during the growth period of the hair.
My intent is to exercise my 1st Amendment right to show support for the decriminalization of marijuana as it helps those with PTSD such as veterans. As far as usage, I have been routinely and randomly urine tested (around every 6 months) by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs for the last 5 years or so. This is documented in my medical record with the VA which is a federal agency by the way. They will be very disappointed and have the sh!t sued out of them (whoever THEY may be) if they decide to test me for drugs by utilizing either a hair or urine test.

Think about this for a moment. Why is possessing a card a crime? Hell PursuitSS, I will have to snitch you out because I know you have business cards. If you possess playing cards are you charged as a dealer? ... lol
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Addicted to any depressant...... I guess the ATF should be camped out at the liquor store watching people buy vodka by the gallon. You know..... the "A" part of their agency. Having worked for a PD, I think a lot of PDs would need to hire a lot of new guys if alcoholism (addiction to a depressant) truly disqualified you from gun ownership.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:19:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Another feel good way for politicians to make themselves feel important. Don't read into it much, you'll be disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:41:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not saying I agree with it, but I guess the thought is, why would you go though the hoops of getting the card, just to not partake, whatever your reason.

Again, I think the whole thing it is stupid.  Its like they are dangling a carrot and ready with the bat when you reach for it...  Govt!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My argument is that I know tons of peeps with M endorsements on their drivers license that don't ride a motorcycle. ....seems like the same principle should apply.

But yeah, I wouldn't go through the hassle of getting a card and not use it to its fullest potential
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:27:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

My argument is that I know tons of peeps with M endorsements on their drivers license that don't ride a motorcycle. ....seems like the same principle should apply.

But yeah, I wouldn't go through the hassle of getting a card and not use it to its fullest potential
View Quote
You're using logic.  We're talking about the Govt making laws and policy here...

Whats really right and makes good sense doesn't normally apply. Look at gun laws in general.
Or the immigration issues.  The govt selectively enforces some laws while blind eyeing others if its to their advantage.

Then there is their levels of do as I say not as I do Hypocrisy.  I mean how many of them do you thing partake in weed or even worse things...

I'm betting its way more than they'd have us believe...

You know I don't partake, but I still think weed should be legalized on a federal level.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#19]
The 4473 says "Unlawful user of..."  Having a card does not demonstrate that a person is unlawfully using; It means they applied for the card.  Applying for a medical marijuana card might be a clue that someone uses marijuana, but it is far from conclusive proof.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The 4473 says "Unlawful user of..."  Having a card does not demonstrate that a person is unlawfully using; It means they applied for the card.  Applying for a medical marijuana card might be a clue that someone uses marijuana, but it is far from conclusive proof.
View Quote
True but look at some of silly BS that's been done in the name of constructive intent.

It's probably totally justified if you look at the staggering statistics on people smoking weed and then committing violent felonies (j/k).
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's probably totally justified if you look at the staggering statistics on people smoking weed and then committing violent felonies (j/k).
View Quote
Everyone who has ever committed any crime was a known water drinker.  Correlation is not causation.

ETA - I missed the just kidding in your post. My bad. I get the joke now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top