Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2018 1:28:00 PM EDT

Well, as of today, I am no longer working for Gunsmoke Guns.  The store is closed for good as of today.  It's been over four years since I've worked here, and it has been an adventure.  Now onto bigger and better things!  

Rev_Jason
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:13:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry to hear you lost your job.  Keep your chin up!

I had no idea Gunsmoke was struggling.  I purchased my first two suppressors from that shop.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel your pain, worked at Target Time Defense in Blue Spring for almost 3 years from before they opened till they closed last month.  It was a fun side job, miss the gun deals.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
That’s really too bad.  I liked that store the few times I was in it.  Had tons of guns.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Then, what is the best gun store to spend your money in in Springfield?
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 2:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Then, what is the best gun store to spend your money in in Springfield?
View Quote
Eagle pawn on Battlefield.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn that was a good shop. Tons of selection, reasonable prices, and they knew their suppressors.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Eagle pawn on Battlefield.
View Quote
Debatable.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Go talk to Brent at 417Guns on S. Campbell. Good to go and no BS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Go talk to Brent at 417Guns on S. Campbell. Good to go and no BS.
View Quote
Gotta disagree

But ymmv
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Brent's a good guy, but he takes a little bit to warm up to you.  Eagle Pawn is WAY overpriced on guns and tools.  They're trying to get new prices on .40's on armslist and they have a crapload of them!  I can't tell you who's the best anymore, but I can tell you who's the highest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#11]
It does take a while for Brent to warm up to you. We'd been in flat out screaming matches for the first few years I went there. Now he'll call me on occasion if something comes in the shop that he thinks I'd like. Despite the fact that I rarely buy anything. Always a trader I am.

I frequent Henry Lee's & All about Gun a lot.

I will truly miss Gunsmoke though. Bought my second rifle there & was one of my favorite hang outs. Even through the bearded asshat years.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#12]
It was never the same after Brandon left.  Bob did his best, but the deals weren't there.  Always enjoyed shooting the shit with Steve.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 2:30:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Eagle Armory on North National. Bunch of youngsters run the place, but a good bunch of guys. Friendly and helpful.
Haven't bought any guns from them but quite a bit of ammo. Check 'em out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top