Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2018 10:14:18 AM EDT
I am moving in the next couple of weeks from Overland Park just over the state line to KCMO. Looking for reputable movers for a gun safe. The safe is an older Browning Pro Steel that holds around 30 long guns. I'm not sure of the weight. Two Men and Truck said the door would have to be removed if it's over 500lbs. Is it common to remove the door?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
http://mcguirelocksmith.com/locksmith-services/new-used-safes/safe-moving-kansas-city/

These guys are up the street from me. I have used them for locksmith stuff for years. The guy that owned it was a vietnam vet that died this year, was a real good guy. I THINK, but am not sure, my dad used them to move his giant 1920s safe from Sedalia to KCMO. The guys in the shop are all good to work with. If they can't handle it they will point you in the right direction.

Good luck, don't forget to burn all your KU shit at the state line!

Dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top