Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2018 10:09:51 AM EDT
MDC reports that the bullet trap / rifle pistol range at Jay Henges will remain closed for the foreseeable future.
The range opened in 2010, requires replacement.  It was closed for repairs November 2017
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 12:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well damn...

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/henges-jay-shooting-range-and-outdoor-education-center/jay-henges-shooting

I'm curious if the problem is related to funds or if there's a bigger problem.
Link Posted: 9/12/2018 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe if they stopped buying grass and cropland and letting it grow up in cedars and stocking elk they might have enough money to maintain the properties that the taxpayer actually uses. Providing them with their own tax dollars which are pretty much unsupervised was one of the worst mistakes Missouri taxpayers have made. They are unaccountable to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 7:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe if they stopped buying grass and cropland and letting it grow up in cedars and stocking elk they might have enough money to maintain the properties that the taxpayer actually uses. Providing them with their own tax dollars which are pretty much unsupervised was one of the worst mistakes Missouri taxpayers have made. They are unaccountable to anyone.
View Quote
He's right ya know.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I have seen photos of the damage. It needs to be repaired.  As I  understand it, it has become a finger pointing contest between the design firm and the general contractor.
Maybe thorshammerthrow will comment
Probably take 5 or 6 years to rectify.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have seen photos of the damage. It needs to be repaired.  As I  understand it, it has become a finger pointing contest between the design firm and the general contractor.
Maybe thorshammerthrow will comment
Probably take 5 or 6 years to rectify.
View Quote
I wish I could, but I can't really comment as lawyers are involved now. I don't think it will be that long, but it won't be quick.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wish I could, but I can't really comment as lawyers are involved now. I don't think it will be that long, but it won't be quick.
View Quote
I understand. Thanks for responding.
And I apologize for getting your handle wrong.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I understand. Thanks for responding.
And I apologize for getting your handle wrong.
View Quote
No problem, and I didn't notice.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
was it nicer than Busch?  altho it's a bit of a drive for me to get to Busch, it's the nicest range I've been to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top