Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2018 3:12:14 PM EDT
Hello all,

Going to be attending an event at the KC convention center in the near future and would like to be able to bring my concealed sidearm along, specifically for the walk to and from the car. I am an Indiana resident with a valid personal protection LTCH. I'm certain that carrying will be against event policy, but would I be in any legally dubious territory? If not, does anyone know what kind of security I could expect to have to go through?
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to the KCI Convention Center or the Bartle Hall complex?

Bartle Hall is a City owned facility and by ordinance you cannot have a weapon on the property.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Bartle Hall, apparently

Could you clarify for me? My understanding from what reading I had done prior was that any ordinance was either state-preempted or that at most it was a trespassable act if I refused to leave. Discussion here, but a bit old.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#3]
It is my understanding that all government owned building are off limits. If you want someone to tell you its OK because the penalty is minimal you shouldn't ask. Swimming around in the gray area of the law is not for internet boards. Just have to do what you think you are big enough to do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 6:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
The last time I was at Bartle, they did not wand anyone and had no metal detectors, but AFAIK capacity is over 5000, therefore it would be illegal to carry. However if you did wander in there with a valid permit it would not be a felony. They actually have to ask you to leave first before they can get the police involved....... I think. The law is so confusing
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Concealed is concealed....

I may have done it a time or 20, just kidding, I follow the letter of the law....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top