Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2018 4:55:15 PM EDT
Was out in the middle of nowhere on Hwy 47, coming home to Farmington from Union, MO...

And there it was, strolling across the two lane blacktop... A wild turkey.  I bet I chuckled for a good 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol, during the fall we see anywhere from 3 to 6 or so of them in our side pasture...

1st time I seen them, I thought they were trash bags that someone tossed out, then they started moving their wings...

Sometimes they hop over the fence and end up out in our road...
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I see them frequently on my way to work and I am no where near the middle of nowhere.  Passed some last week at 141 and Olive blvd.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just wait until you see a black bear.  

On a side note, driving to Lake of the Ozarks over the weekend I probably saw 50 dead Armadillos.  They sure seem to be spreading rapidly.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...I probably saw 50 dead Armadillos.  They sure seem to be spreading rapidly.
View Quote
I noticed that Saturday, when I was going to Fulton. They are all over now. Nasty things.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I noticed that Saturday, when I was going to Fulton. They are all over now. Nasty things.
View Quote
Yea, I've been seeing a lot of them on 67 between Silva and Farmington as well as some of the other roads...  I guess they have no idea what an oncoming vehicle is..
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I'm about 35 miles south from KC and I'm seeing them here more frequently. I've not needed to run one over myself as someone beat me too it when I see them.

Now, Snapper's that had their heads stretched out while crossing the roads, the last thing they saw was the underside of my tires.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yea, I've been seeing a lot of them on 67 between Silva and Farmington as well as some of the other roads...  I guess they have no idea what an oncoming vehicle is..
View Quote
I'm wondering how they survive winters this far north.  That shell is probably as warm as a piece of shoe leather.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just wait until you see a black bear.  

On a side note, driving to Lake of the Ozarks over the weekend I probably saw 50 dead Armadillos.  They sure seem to be spreading rapidly.
View Quote
I live at the lake, their little carcasses are littering the county roads.
What round for dillo?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I occasionally see dead armadillos around Mexico, Mo. Last one I saw was north of Martinsburg on 19
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Heck, we have a Turkey here (in Columbia) that is named Tina (its a he) and he has two Facebook pages and is frequently on the News with the local police trying to chase him off. He causes traffic problems. He is way too complacent with humans and vehicles.

Steve
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]
We see turkey quite often along the roads in Cedar county. This time of the year, the dead dillos are thick. There are either an awful lot of armadillos or they must have the worst luck crossing the road.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I occasionally see dead armadillos around Mexico, Mo. Last one I saw was north of Martinsburg on 19
View Quote
i haven't seen many in mexico this year but there seem to be more and more up by us. chumpmiester where are you at around mexico?
i've been in this town a long time lol. didn't know there were any arfcommers around.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

i haven't seen many in mexico this year but there seem to be more and more up by us. chumpmiester where are you at around mexico?
i've been in this town a long time lol. didn't know there were any arfcommers around.
View Quote
I actually live in hellsville and my girlfriend lives in Mexico. I spend most of my time in Mexico
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was out in the middle of nowhere on Hwy 47, coming home to Farmington from Union, MO...

And there it was, strolling across the two lane blacktop... A wild turkey.  I bet I chuckled for a good 5 minutes.
View Quote
I had a similar experience after moving down here from IL.  Was driving down a street in my town and watched some sort of bird run across the street in front of me, pretty damn fast too.  It was a Greater Roadrunner.  Looked a lot different than the cartoon version I grew up on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top