Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2018 4:46:24 PM EDT
I'm retired 35 year FLEO, retired out of STL area.   I moved back home to Nebr to spend some good time with my mom.  She's passed recently and I'm thinking about moving back to southern MO area.  Kids and grandkids all living in Ozarks.  I'm thinking I'd like to get Leo certified by MO, possibly work part time, I.think I've got pretty good investigative skills.

I've read the DPS post page and I'll call them, but I'd like some HTF advise first.  I was an Army MP then CID agent for over a decade.  Took basic MP and CID basic at Ft McClellan.  Left active duty, got 1811 agent job and I then took a basic agent course in FLETC.  With innumerable in services.  I'm not sure over  30 years I could locate all the classes.

Would I be better off pushing mil time?  My fed time was vastly more complex investigations, but DPS mostly mentions mil.

Anybody go thru reciprocity in MO that wasn't already post certified in another state?

I'm open to any suggestions.  If you'd rather do IM/email that's fine too.

I'd like to work part time, but I'm not going to do a full 4th academy.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Franklin County hired a retired federal P&P officer. He took a test through DPS/POST and got his certs without going through the academy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top