Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2018 2:14:10 PM EDT
If anyone is interested in shooting down south this weekend, at 67 Gun Club they are having a PPDS shoot, its sort of like a mini IDPA...  Open to public as all our shoots are.

It'll be the 1st one we have, kind of trying it out too see how it goes...

(copied from the site)
Objective: To make an attempt, to be put into a real life defense situation.

Shooting stages will be different for each match.

You will have to move forward and forward laterally as you address the targets being timed and scored for hit points. Shooting
from the open and from behind barricades. There will be a time/point penalty for shooting from outside of the out of bound
marks. There will NOT be any shooting from your knees or prone. All shooting will be in the upright position, but maybe a leaning
position here or there.

Standard IDPA / IPSC targets will be used with a steel popper or two. Equipment needed is pretty much
what everyone already has. Center fire semi-auto pistols with Factory Open Sights. NO race guns. Single or double stack will be
allowed. The double stack pistols will of course have a slight advantage. IR: Less magazine changes. Service type holsters and
magazines the same as used in our  PPC matches.

NoRounds per stage could be 22 plus or minus. We will try to keep it where
two runs through the stage out of one box of ammo, works. Although if it takes you more than 22 plus or minus rounds to make
it through the stage. So be it. Bring plenty of ammo.

Stage layout plan will be pre-determined by the Match Captain before match day.
Anyone helping with stage setup may bring to attention any safety issues, but NO changes to the fundamental layout will be made.

Entry FEE $15 per shooter.

Just thought I'd put it out there...  Hopefully it be nice day to get out, put some rounds on target and BS with some other shooters...
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 11:14:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for posting, but ... date/time?
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, that'd been helpful. My bad...

Sat 28th, arrive at 8 for check in, setup and briefing.  Shoot should start at 9.

Open to public, cost 15.00
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Email sent with a question
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Email sent with a question
View Quote
replied!!!  :)
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

replied!!!  :)
View Quote
Thanks a bunch!
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#6]
This shoot turned out pretty good....  I expected 5-8 guys show up besides the two hosting it...  I think we had between 15 and 18...  A lot of regulars and a few faces I've never seen.

We shot 4 stages on the timer.  We shot sitting, standing and leaning from cover and had to move from 1 shooting box to the next.  
Also had to shoot 1 handed left, both hands, and 1 handed right, some leaning around cover and some straight on, also shooting while walking or stepping backwards.

No egos, everyone had a pretty good time from all the chatter I heard.

We are supposed to have 2 or 3 more this year...  I can't wait.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn... Wish I had seen this.  I would have come spectated.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Damn... Wish I had seen this.  I would have come spectated.
View Quote
I was going to just watch this one as it was the 1st time that had it and I'm sometimes nervous to jump in in front of everyone, especially if there is a timer involved.  It gets in my head...  :)  
But one of the guys here that went said, F$%k, just do it, whats the worst that can happen, you get a low score..  Who cares, shoot and have a good time...  So I did...

Here is a link to the match schedule and rules for matches...  
http://www.67gunclub.org/matchinfo.htm

Also I try post about them here and on F.B.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:21:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Post on FB?  Where?  I just searched FB for "67 Gun Club" and the last post was in 2011.  The page says "Permanently closed."

https://www.facebook.com/67gunclub/
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Try 67 Gun Club Members.

If that doesn't show up they may have it set to private...  
If so, Send me a Friend Request (Scott Mullen) or PM on there and I'll get in it and send ya an invite later today.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Must be private, doesn't show up.

*ETA*  Doesn't show up without the word "try" either. lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, I have to apologize  I got a friend request from ya a long time ago, but it never popped up for me to ack....

I was just searching to add ya and It showed me the request, which I just accepted and then sent you and invite to the group, hopefully, ya get it...

Lemme know..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top