Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/11/2018 3:04:53 AM EDT
Right now I live in a major city in WA.  It is super expensive.  If I move to MO I'll get about the same pay and my living expenses will be less than half they are now.  Are there any special gun laws I should be aware of?  Are my pistols and AR's good to go in MO?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:15:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No special laws here. Open carry, concealed carry, permitless concealed carry, all legal. Nfa is good to go with the prerequisite .gov approval. No bullshit caliber limits, I shoot a Barrett M82a1 in .50 a lot. No mag bans or round limits on them, except for hunting.

We've probably got about the most friendly gun laws in the national right now.

There's quite a few htf guys here in Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Outstanding.

Thanks for the response.  It's looking like Springfield is where I'll be going.

Looking forward to checking out the Ozarks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:03:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Try to find a place that's not on the north or west sides of town unless you're past the city limits. We've had a lot of K.C. & Stl transplants the last several years. So crime has been on the rise. South and east sides are fairly good. That said, I live on the west side & have never had any problems. But with a 5ton army truck & a we don't shoot to wound sign, most think we're bat shit crazy anyways.

I'd try live outside of Springfield propper if possible. Lots of more rural areas within a 20-30 minute commute.

What you doing work wise?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 4:04:36 AM EDT
[#4]
You can search MDCs site for hunting areas, shooting ranges, etc.

https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try to find a place that's not on the north or west sides of town unless you're past the city limits. We've had a lot of K.C. & Stl transplants the last several years. So crime has been on the rise. South and east sides are fairly good. That said, I live on the west side & have never had any problems. But with a 5ton army truck & a we don't shoot to wound sign, most think we're bat shit crazy anyways.

I'd try live outside of Springfield propper if possible. Lots of more rural areas within a 20-30 minute commute.

What you doing work wise?
View Quote
LE.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
IM me when you get settled.  I live just south of Springfield and can show you the unmanned DNR ranges.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:34:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IM me when you get settled.  I live just south of Springfield and can show you the unmanned DNR ranges.
View Quote
Will do.  So far this looks like the right move.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 5:45:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I love it down here.  I'm working on building a place South of Nixa, where the big hills start.  When I get done with the house I'll start on the range.  There's several lots for sale on the North side of the Finley.  I'm just South of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love it down here.  I'm working on building a place South of Nixa, where the big hills start.  When I get done with the house I'll start on the range.  There's several lots for sale on the North side of the Finley.  I'm just South of it.
View Quote
Building a range south of my town you say?  Hey buddddy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to MO, enjoy the show!

BTW, who's the Arfcom member that owns a bar there?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't remember his name but the bar is 417 Taphouse.

I haven't been in yet because bars and me don't mix properly, but google photos shows a BFL flag hanging in the bar.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm only going to be able to get 75 yards for the rifle, but I do have a small area we're going to try and set steel and some other stuff up for pistols.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm only going to be able to get 75 yards for the rifle, but I do have a small area we're going to try and set steel and some other stuff up for pistols.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The safest I can shoot is.22 short.  I'd kill to even have a 25 yard pistol only range in my yard.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, I don't get down there very often, but I'll make sure to grab a few cold ones when I do.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#16]
When are you coming down?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:30:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When are you coming down?
View Quote
Not sure but I am confident I can make it happen in the next few months.  Hopefully.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 6:59:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Very friendly gun and nfa state and town.  As others have said buy in the south or east sides of town.  You will enjoy summers here.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Everyone wants to be a gangster till its time to live in gangster places.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 1:52:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Everyone wants to be a gangster till its time to live in gangster places.
https://media1.giphy.com/media/JpHTxMJNKjeXm/giphy.gif
View Quote
I didn't wanna be gangsta. The ghetto hood trash immigrated to me, and just like the bigger immigration picture......

THE FUCKERS JUST WONT ASSIMILATE TO THE EMPLACED CULTURE!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:07:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I live here still and are you here yet?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Still waiting.  I should be told any day now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top