Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2018 2:23:04 PM EDT
I have a Marlin 39 Article II that means much more to me than the value.
It has some light surface rust in spots, a scratch on the receiver, and some other minor issues.

I am looking for someone to make it perfect again and erase any stress it may have suffered through my teenage years. I want someone who is an expert with heirloom quality arms, or at the very least is an expert with these Marlins. I am NOT looking for an amateur/hobbyist gunsmith.

Know anyone?
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 5:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/
View Quote
Exactly who I was going to suggest.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/
View Quote
Thank you, I will check them out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yep! But the bill will be epic!
View Quote
They are currently doing a complete restoration of a 1881 Colt SAA US Cavalry Model for me. You could buy a decent used car for what it’s going to cost.

Before anyone hollers about restoring an original Cavalry, I bought this as a parts gun and have spent over a year collecting all of the correct parts for the restoration.  I took a chance and bought an unlettered mutt off gunbroker that I knew was a mess of 1st and 2nd generation parts, but the frame serial number dated to 1881. I sent the number to Colt and it lettered back as a Cavalry with no record of having been converted to an Artillery.  Turnbull inspected the gun and verified the letter before starting the restoration. They won’t create a counterfeit Colt, the restoration has to match the letter.

Hopefully it will be done in a few months and I’ll post pictures.
Link Posted: 4/1/2018 2:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Can't wait to see...
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Can't wait to see the pictures and the bill. I have a colt lightning that doesn't have any springs and needs to be restored and shot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top