Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2018 8:39:49 PM EDT
I'm planning on going to the Tulsa Wannemacher show Saturday April 7th. Never been to one, always wanted to see what it is like.    Looks like about a four hour drive from Independence.  If I get there around 9am will there still be long lines to get in?

The only things I'm really looking for are Thompson Submachine Gun parts and accessories and Colt M16 parts and accessories.    Is it worth it to go?   Can I find more stuff online?

From what I've been told the show is not set up by eras or types of firearms.  Do you guys that have been there find it difficult to find particular things?
Anything to watch for or be careful of at the venue?  Parking?

I know I'll probably not be able to see it all, but I'll walk by most tables of contemporary firearms.  I've done 2500 table shows in two to three hours, so I think I can make most of it.
Any tips or advise welcome.
Thanks.
Vince
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a gun show. You may find some stuff for the Thompson but if you go thinking you will, you might be disappointed. If you get there at 9 on Sat, you will first have parking far away from the door and then a long line to get in. Better bet for parts choice is to drive to KY the next wknd.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 9:35:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't go this time, but there always seem to be tables along the walls where old parts are.  You just have to ask around.

I picked up an old rear sight there to replace a broken one that I couldn't find online.  It's an impressive gun show, and +1 to comfortable shoes if you decide to go.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm planning on going to the Tulsa Wannemacher show Saturday April 7th. Never been to one, always wanted to see what it is like. Looks like about a four hour drive from Independence. If I get there around 9am will there still be long lines to get in?yes

The only things I'm really looking for are Thompson Submachine Gun parts and accessories and Colt M16 parts and accessories. Is it worth it to go? Maybe, maybe not. A good chance it will be there and a fair chance you will find it. Can I find more stuff online? Usually.

From what I've been told the show is not set up by eras or types of firearms. Do you guys that have been there find it difficult to find particular things? Yes
Anything to watch for or be careful of at the venue? Not that I am aware of. Parking? A long walk

I know I'll probably not be able to see it all, but I'll walk by most tables of contemporary firearms. I've done 2500 table shows in two to three hours, so I think I can make most of it. 4200 tables, 11 acres under roof, and 8 miles if you walk by every table. Your gonna need a jetpack to make it in 4 hours. 2 days would be a better choice.
Any tips or advise welcome. Every gun guy should go once.
Link Posted: 3/27/2018 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a gun show. You may find some stuff for the Thompson but if you go thinking you will, you might be disappointed. If you get there at 9 on Sat, you will first have parking far away from the door and then a long line to get in. Better bet for parts choice is to drive to KY the next wknd.
View Quote
I know there will be parts at the Creek.  I just don't have the time to go.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I live about 10 miles away from the fairgrounds. At 9am there will be a 100 yard line to get in. You will probably  find what you are looking for and the show is an experience.

I have my shopping list and pick up what I'm looking for, usually reloadng supplies if the price is right.

Found a new usgi bullet guide I needed to keep my Garand from releasing clip prematurely at last show. You can walk the show in about 4 hours if you ignore tables that don't relate to what you are looking for.

Sometimes there are wonderful collector displays. Several years back there was a display of m1903 rifles that was fascinating, most years you can find the Ruger collectors association there.  These displays are the only thing that slows me down besides my specific shopping item tables.
Link Posted: 3/30/2018 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#7]
As it's not organized by type your best bet is to ASK and ASK.  The space is not enough to show everything a seller has so you need to ask if they have parts or know someone who does.

Take a pencil and paper to note names and table numbers.  NO way you're going to remember where that table was once you leave it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 12:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
The fall show is better in my opinion. I’ve always left with something at both though. Best thing I’ve ever left with was seeing a man with “go big” tattooed on his throat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top