Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 8:57:32 PM EDT
Just wanting to see if anyone could point me in a direction before I buy one or send mine out to be threaded.  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of anyone locally but if you do end up sending one out to get threaded I highly suggest sending it to Ferrara Firearms.  I've used them several times and the work is absolutely top notch.  They have threaded multiple barrels for me including my Beretta 92A1.  Send attenton to Taylor Pickerell
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike at Eagle Eye USA in Wentzville has threaded several barrels for me. He does great work.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 1:06:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't know of anyone locally but if you do end up sending one out to get threaded I highly suggest sending it to Ferrara Firearms.  I've used them several times and the work is absolutely top notch.  They have threaded multiple barrels for me including my Beretta 92A1.  Send attenton to Taylor Pickerell
View Quote
I second Taylor....  

I don't know anyone in St. Louis proper, but if you want to stay in MO, you could check with C&S Metal Werks in St. Charles or Ben at Cedar Falls in Deslodge/Bonterre...  Both more local than out of state, but not in St. Louis...

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Mike at Eagle Eye USA in Wentzville has threaded several barrels for me. He does great work.
View Quote
Said there isn't enough material on the barrel to thread, and doesn't want to mess with putting a sleeve on.
I'll try c&s next
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#5]
C&S will do it. Woohoo
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

C&S will do it. Woohoo
View Quote
Old Ken is a Mad scientist of Guns...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#8]
pew pew pew
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Nobody mentioned Ottocomp!?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nobody mentioned Ottocomp!?
View Quote
I've used Otto for threading.  He did a particularly difficult one for me.  Had a late '80's ban CHICOM MAK-90 that I wanted threaded.  Had like 1/2 inch of barrel out past the front site post.  Made it happen.  

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I've never used Otto. I actually didn't know he threaded barrels.
Just dropped the 21a off at C&S Ken was great to speak with.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've never used Otto. I actually didn't know he threaded barrels.Just dropped the 21a off at C&S Ken was great to speak with.
View Quote

It's worth a trip to Otto's just to meet him, if you never have.  He's quite the 'abrasive' character.  Does some damn fine work though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top