Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2016 11:56:07 AM EDT
What is the appropriate amount of time before reporting someone. This is the 3rd day with no contact after I sent 2 emails and 1 IM. Received an item that was missing items that were indicated in the sale.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is the appropriate amount of time before reporting someone. This is the 3rd day with no contact after I sent 2 emails and 1 IM. Received an item that was missing items that were indicated in the sale.
View Quote

Get with an EE mod asap
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of factors I'd consider...

What's the value of the items you are missing?

Have you looked to see if they have logged in since you sent the IM?

How long have they been a member?

Three days isn't a long time, BUT it's starting to "smell".
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
While I sent the IM he was logged on. The missing items are warranty card, mount for aimpoint and killflash. Also the spacer. Also the last email from seller was 12/22/15 with tracking number. Item arrived 12/30/15.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Not defending, but some folks do go out of town for the xmas/new year week with family and might not have access to emails. If you don't reasonably suspect this is the case, then I'd contact an EE mod.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While I sent the IM he was logged on. The missing items are warranty card, mount for aimpoint and killflash. Also the spacer. Also the last email from seller was 12/22/15 with tracking number. Item arrived 12/30/15.
View Quote

Did you check the last time he was logged in?  Unless he refreshed or clicked another page, he might not have noticed the IM.  It's the first, I would give it a couple more days.
Link Posted: 1/1/2016 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Given the holidays, I wouldn't get too twisted over 3 days.

But I wouldn't wait too much longer before sending it up to a mod either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top