Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2015 12:24:28 AM EDT
Headed from Denver to KC on the 17th (a Thursday night game). Plan on taking I-70 straight to the stadium. Is that a good idea or is there a better way? I know we will hit traffic given the evening start.

Also, I want to hit a BBQ place (either OK Joes, Gates, Jack Stack). Anything close to the stadium? I mean, I can read a map but dont want to hit crazy traffic or a bad part of town. Havent been to a Chiefs game as a kid but remember fondly getting lost once around Prospect Ave and would rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#1]
670/70 straight through is good, probably take Exit 6 for Van Brunt Blvd and snake onto N. Stadium Dr. OR Exit 7(A?) for 40Hwy to Manchester and Stadium Dr. The exit for Blue Ridge Cutoff (9 or 10, I think) is always a nightmare on game nights. They are doing work on Stadium Drive bridge but it hasn't looked too backed up when I've gone by.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/29520598/stadium-drive-work-will-impact-truman-sports-complex-traffic-through-fall

Big T's BBQ on Blue Pkwy is near the stadiums and one of my favorites. Looks like a dump but the ham is unbelievable and everything else is pretty good to excellent.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
We never use blue ridge.  We always get off on Manchester Expressway.  Still lots of traffic but not nearly as bad as brc.  

Arrowhead is a pretty fun stadium.  I'm a Chiefs fan but wish y'all well!
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We never use blue ridge.  We always get off on Manchester Expressway.  Still lots of traffic but not nearly as bad as brc.  

Arrowhead is a pretty fun stadium.  I'm a Chiefs fan but wish y'all well!
View Quote

Sorry, I should be clear - we are huge Chiefs fans and I hate the Broncos with the passion of a thousand suns.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
670/70 straight through is good, probably take Exit 6 for Van Brunt Blvd and snake onto N. Stadium Dr. OR Exit 7(A?) for 40Hwy to Manchester and Stadium Dr. The exit for Blue Ridge Cutoff (9 or 10, I think) is always a nightmare on game nights. They are doing work on Stadium Drive bridge but it hasn't looked too backed up when I've gone by.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/29520598/stadium-drive-work-will-impact-truman-sports-complex-traffic-through-fall

Big T's BBQ on Blue Pkwy is near the stadiums and one of my favorites. Looks like a dump but the ham is unbelievable and everything else is pretty good to excellent.
View Quote

Awesome, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Jack Stack. There is a new one in Lee's Summit which is just as good and its huge so no wait.

Dont get off the interstate when the signs are up for the drug checkpoint. The checkpoint is set up after you exit.

The Stoney Brook lodge or whatever by the Bass Pro is nice.

Stop at Lomatos in Hays for some Kick Ass Pizza (130 W 9th Street)

Bring me some of Epic Brewings Double Skull Dopplebock we cant get it here
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Headed from Denver to KC on the 17th (a Thursday night game). Plan on taking I-70 straight to the stadium. Is that a good idea or is there a better way? I know we will hit traffic given the evening start.

Also, I want to hit a BBQ place (either OK Joes, Gates, Jack Stack). Anything close to the stadium? I mean, I can read a map but dont want to hit crazy traffic or a bad part of town. Havent been to a Chiefs game as a kid but remember fondly getting lost once around Prospect Ave and would rather avoid that if possible.

Thanks!
View Quote

I'd just fly on Frontier and take a cab to the game.  That drive through eastern CO and most of KS is brutal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd just fly on Frontier and take a cab to the game.  That drive through eastern CO and most of KS is brutal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Yeah I know, but too late for that one. We have done the I-40 thru New Mexico and Arizona before so we are used to shitty drives.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top