Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 12:04:02 PM EDT
Anyone around have a set of 5.56 headspace gauges I could use to check the upper I just put together?

I am in Holt.  

Thanks, Jeremy

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone around have a set of 5.56 headspace gauges I could use to check the upper I just put together?

I am in Holt.  

Thanks, Jeremy

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/jmmr_big/IMG_1971_zps96bfc76a.jpg
View Quote

Did you thread the barrel and install the barrel extension?
Did you get the barrel from a reputable supplier?
then why?

If you installed your barrel extension then how did you do it without a headspace gage?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you thread the barrel and install the barrel extension?

No.

Did you get the barrel from a reputable supplier?

Micro MOA barrel and sionics bolt, so should be ok.

then why?

Since it is on registered lower thought I would just double check to make 100% sure it was ok.  I realize most don't check this.  If no one has one convenient to me, will just test fire it this week.  

If you installed your barrel extension then how did you do it without a headspace gage?

Thanks for taking the time to comment.  Maybe just a lack of confidence in my building skills and trying to make sure I check everything possible....

Jeremy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top