Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2014 9:23:25 AM EDT
https://www.facebook.com/events/804864166232582/

http://www.quailcreekguns.com/
Join us at the range for a full day of shooting fun.
$5 includes your range fees, 10 tickets for targets or clays and a promo
gift. Additional tickets and clays available for purchase. All ranges
will be open for this carnival style event. We will even have a kids
shooting area for those not shooting lead and brass. The range will be
covered in pink; from pink targets to pink clays there will be no
question about our mission. Stay tuned for more details as time gets
closer.
View Quote

Haven't seen it posted yet.  I've never been to this range but I've been hearing nothing but good things about it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful day for some range time. Surely there are some arfcommers in the area.

They're starting a little late due to still getting set up, but I believe this event runs all day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I was there from 10 to about 3.  Got some time in on the 1911 and the AR, and the ol' man brought a few of his rifles along.  Turnout was a bit low but I guess they didn't really do much for advertising.  I think the event is still going on for another hour or so.  Wish I would have known about the event earlier so I could have posted this thread more than a few hours in advance.

The range itself is pretty awesome.  They have a small area for pistols with metal hinge/swing targets, a decent sized bench/stall line with stands for bowling pins and paper, a small raised platform for rifle with stands out to 350yards(will soon be out to 500+ yards), a skeet area, and currently working on a bow area.  They also have a small clubhouse with tables/fridge/direct TV, a legit bathroom, grills/firepits, stocked pond, etc.  Threw down on a membership on my way out.  Easily the best range I've ever been to.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I was there all day also and believe we met a couple of times. Shane asked if I were a member of the forearm tattoo club.  
I had a great day as usual and have been  a member there for about a year.
You should come out for the poker shoot at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
My daughter and I brought our Ar15s out just after you left. A couple of others broke out some rifles and we stayed till it was almost dark.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have loved to stay but I had a bunch of stuff to get done this weekend.  Work consumes my week days.  Glad I finally got my optic sighted in on the AR, but the irons are a bit off so there is still work to be done.

I may check out that poker event.  I need to mess around with my 1911 mags to figure out which one was stove piping live rounds.  Also need to replace the sights because those OEM RIA sights aren't the greatest.

We both bought memberships on the way out yesterday.  That range is pretty cool and the owners seem nice so it was money well spent in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter and I go just about every Sunday afternoon, give the wife a few hours to her self and us some range time. We always bring handgun and usually a couple of ARs or bolt guns. Hope to catch you there again sometime soon.
The poker shoot is a lot more of a challenge than one would think. Them cards are hard to hit when we get out to 15-20 yards
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top