Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 4:03:39 PM EDT
Long story short. Bought a used ( 2010 ) vehicle from a major dealership. Was told no accidents on the vehicle. Had a friend on another forum run an AutoCheck today and found out the vehicle was a fleet vehicle and had multiple accidents. I would have not bought the vehicle had I been told that. Do I have any legal rights in this case? Or can someone refer me to someone who is experienced in this matter?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Take it back with in 3 days. I believe in MO You can break any contract with in 3 days of singing it.
Other than that if it hasn't been totaled (salvage title) you might be SOL.
I would talk to a lawyer no I don't know any that could help you sorry
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been through this once before.  Unfortunately for you the 3 day rule does not apply on vehicles.  Once you sign on the dotted line it's yours.  Fortunately though their is a gentleman in Joplin MO that is very versed in situations like this, specifically diminished value claims.  When I was round my research this guy waste erred to as one of the best in the country.  He should be able to help you and I believe he even helped me find an attorney that worked on a contingency basis.  His contact info is
Attn: Mike Orton
1827 West 7th Street
Joplin, Missouri 64801
417-438-5335 (Cell)
E-mail: [email protected]

P.S.  My best piece of advice is from this point forward keep very detailed notes for conversations you might have with anyone regarding this matter and be sure to include dates, times, length of times that you talk to people.  They could prove very useful.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been through this once before.  Unfortunately for you the 3 day rule does not apply on vehicles.  Once you sign on the dotted line it's yours.  Fortunately though their is a gentleman in Joplin MO that is very versed in situations like this, specifically diminished value claims.  When I was round my research this guy waste erred to as one of the best in the country.  He should be able to help you and I believe he even helped me find an attorney that worked on a contingency basis.  His contact info is
Attn: Mike Orton
1827 West 7th Street
Joplin, Missouri 64801
417-438-5335 (Cell)
E-mail: [email protected]

P.S.  My best piece of advice is from this point forward keep very detailed notes for conversations you might have with anyone regarding this matter and be sure to include dates, times, length of times that you talk to people.  They could prove very useful.
View Quote

Thanks for that. I just shot off an email to a local attorney ( didn't have his contact info when I wrote my OP ) to see if he knows anyone who deals with cases like this. If that dead ends, I will try Mike Orton.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
If you signed a "as is - no warranty" then it doesn't matter what the dealer says, you own it. You were responsible to do your "due diligence" before you bought it. Unfortunately, it does not matter what they told you, what's in writing is all that counts. They may be nice and remedy the situation for you, but that are under no legal obligation to do so if you signed the disclosure form. If you didn't, FRY'um, you got them by the short and curlys!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you signed a "as is - no warranty" then it doesn't matter what the dealer says, you own it. You were responsible to do your "due diligence" before you bought it. Unfortunately, it does not matter what they told you, what's in writing is all that counts. They may be nice and remedy the situation for you, but that are under no legal obligation to do so if you signed the disclosure form. If you didn't, FRY'um, you got them by the short and curlys!
View Quote

This might be true now, as my case was 3-4 yrs ago but at that time I did sign an As-is no warranty document but it didn't matter.  They did indeed end up paying in the end and settled before it went to trial.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This might be true now, as my case was 3-4 yrs ago but at that time I did sign an As-is no warranty document but it didn't matter.  They did indeed end up paying in the end and settled before it went to trial.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got lucky or they had a bad lawyer, this has been law ever since UCC laws were put into place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top