Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2013 6:59:38 PM EDT
Have an AR that I'd like to stretch out to 3-400 yards if I could find the distance.

Anybody know of a spot around where it can be done?

Also any ammo recommendations? Guessing I'd need probably 69gr or 77gr!
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Sedalia and don't know of anywhere that far out.  The range in Marshall Junction only goes to 50.  There is another one north of base off 23 hwy that goes to 100 and the sedalia rod and gun club goes to 100.  On that note, we must shoot together one day
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
3-400 yards you don't really need the heavier bullets for, if you stretch much past that you'll start to appreciate the weight, I don't know of any public ranges locally that will give you that kind of distance.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Bucksnort is just north of you, but it's private.

I'd take you up there, if it were 30 or 40 degrees warmer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always been interested in Bucksnort - is it possible to join? or is the membership really limited that it's next to impossible?

I'd love a longer range in mid-MO too
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I have lived in Sedalia my whole life there are no ranges that go that far other than private ones like farms.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've always been interested in Bucksnort - is it possible to join? or is the membership really limited that it's next to impossible?

I'd love a longer range in mid-MO too
View Quote

Bucksnort had some range problems after loosening the membership numbers & have decided to fix the problem by limiting their membership. I don't know how easy it is to get a new membership right now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Come out to a High Power match.

You will get to shoot at 200, 300, and 600 yards.

Should be a match at Bucksnort in late spring and another in summer

They are open for practice at least three days in front of a match.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
We are going to be shooting out to 800 this weekend at my place ( TEMP dependent ) , my son was shooting at 650 last Sunday with his 300 Win mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top