Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2013 7:19:18 PM EDT
I got my first set in today. I haven't tried them yet but seem to be good quality. I got the four blade cartridges.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 7:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup I have been using it for months!

I love it and it's very much worth the $$.

Plus I don't have that crappy feeling of dropping $20 for replacement cartridges.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Details?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Google answered my questions. Cool lol. I don't shave much tho.

ETA- I Buzz my head....should I razor blade it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 9:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been using them for about a year and a half. My wife uses them as well. We like the 4 blade razor better than the 5 blade one. the 5 blade gets clogged up much easier since the blades are close together.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 6:45:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google answered my questions. Cool lol. I don't shave much tho.

ETA- I Buzz my head....should I razor blade it?
View Quote

I buzz mine w/o the guard but it feels funny when I shave it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Use it, love it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
These and never look back at the toy razors .

[u]http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Feather-AS-D2-Stainless-Safety-Razor_p_1963.html?gclid=CPaU-o_lr7oCFYdQ7AodBB8Aaw
[
http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Hi-Stainless-Platimum-Double-Blades/dp/B0022R947O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382628804&sr=8-2&keywords=feather+safety+razor+blades
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Feather-AS-D2-Stainless-Safety-Razor_p_1963.html?gclid=CPaU-o_lr7oCFYdQ7AodBB8Aaw
http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Hi-Stainless-Platimum-Double-Blades/dp/B0022R947O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382628804&sr=8-2&keywords=feather+safety+razor+blades

Fixed hotlink.

My razor wasn't quite that expensive and I have found the feather blades to be OK but not the best. I bought a sampler pack off ebay last year and used them up and forgot which ones, but there were a couple brands that I felt were better than feather.

On the relation of the original topic, I have a friend who just started the dollar shave club and has good things to say about it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Different skin types like different blades.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 10:14:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:02:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Which is better for, down there?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have been using them for about a year and a half. My wife uses them as well. We like the 4 blade razor better than the 5 blade one. the 5 blade gets clogged up much easier since the blades are close together.

Hedge trimmer with a good guard on it.

Never try the weed whacker!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will never be able to look at you the same Eric after reading that. In fact, I may never be able to look at you period...
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:55:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I simply grab the empty bourbon bottle off the nightstand and bust it against the wall on my way to the mirror every morning.  You boys and your sissy razors.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2013 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 3:24:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I havent asked her, however when I wanted to try the 4 blade instead of the 5's we started with, she expressed a preference for the 4's. I can only imagine that you meant for her because no man shaves his downstairs.

An old army saying goes something like this. " If a guy shaves his arms and chest, he probably shaves his pussy too."

Edited to add a comma.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 5:27:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What's wrong with shaving a he-pussy?
View Quote

Sharps do not belong near your nuts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2013 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What's wrong with shaving a he-pussy?
View Quote

Every time you post anything, you just brighten my day. Just thought you should know
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 10:25:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Might have to try them out. Shaving my face for work/training every other day gets old and expensive.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I got my first set in today. I haven't tried them yet but seem to be good quality. I got the four blade cartridges.
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx257/scpd755/3e4dd92e153b49b53709c90dace807d7.jpg
View Quote

Exactly the same thing I ordered my first shipment.

Love it so far! Excellent service and FAR cheaper than buying good razors in the store.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
These and never look back at the toy razors .

[u]http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Feather-AS-D2-Stainless-Safety-Razor_p_1963.html?gclid=CPaU-o_lr7oCFYdQ7AodBB8Aaw
[
View Quote

Amen brother.  I use a Mercur and Israeli Red Personna blades with my own handmade soap.  I buy razor blades for $16/100 shipped.  Closer shave with WAY less irritation and ingrown hairs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#23]
^ yep. people are missing out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:04:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Never even heard of this until this thread. Figure with as much as 4 razors cost at even Wally World, don't really have anything else to lose.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I just gave in and bought a double edge safety razor off Amazon.  I like mach 3 razors but I hate buying replacements.  Not a fan of the quatro. I was thinking about trying the shave club too though.  
I've used a cheap electric razor when I first started shaving back in the day but that was like taking sandpaper to my face.  Anyone use a good electric and recommend it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:45:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I use a merkur safety razor with feather blades. As stated above, the shave is superior with no irritation. Check out the badger and blade forums. Awesome info.

After I made the switch, you realize how hard you have to push with a Mach 3 type razor. Nothing like shaving how grandpa did it 50 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use a merkur safety razor with feather blades. As stated above, the shave is superior with no irritation. Check out the badger and blade forums. Awesome info.

After I made the switch, you realize how hard you have to push with a Mach 3 type razor. Nothing like shaving how grandpa did it 50 years ago.
View Quote

thats the same one I picked up.  Question:  Why do people use the badger brushes?  Is it seriously just to be more olde tyme?  The whole thing seems kinda hipster to me, lol, but if it truely works better and I can save money, I'm there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 7:16:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

thats the same one I picked up.  Question:  Why do people use the badger brushes?  Is it seriously just to be more olde tyme?  The whole thing seems kinda hipster to me, lol, but if it truely works better and I can save money, I'm there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bristles are stiffer.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
I have shaved with them all weekend, awesome razors! More $$$ for beans and bullets!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top