Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2012 3:36:47 AM EDT
Now is the time for us to start writing letters to our Senators and legislatures!! We need to let them know that we will not stand for any of this crap coming out of California and we want our civil and second amendment rights protected!!!
Here is a link for MO Senator Roy Blunt. It's an easy fill in the blank format and shouldn't take any longer to do that posting here!!!

http://www.blunt.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact-roy
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:01:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Done...

I'd send to my other reps... BUT... I think it'd be an absolute waste of my time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:03:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Done.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Did that last week, no reply yet.

I did get a reply from from Hartzler though.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:40:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I wrote last week as well
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Not that I expect many of these to be read, but it may be worth pointing out the fiscal impact this could have with a decrease in manufacturing and sales of not only firearms but also ammunition.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Senator Blunt,

I am writing you today to voice my opposition to any and all gun control. The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution is clear as day, and it states shall not be infringed.

As a father of two school age children, I believe what happened to those children is a tragedy. Passing more laws regulating guns will not prevent this kind of despicable act from happening again.

Murder is already illegal, guns on school grounds is already illegal, and the point I'm making is that criminals and murderers will always find ways to kill and destroy. Gun bans only restrict law abiding citizens rights. The 1994 gun ban did absolutely nothing to stop crime. Look at our most violent cities in this country, they already have gun control. It doesn't work.

The answer is to do away with gun free zones and let Americans fully exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Allow teachers, staff, volunteers to become trained and carry concealed in schools. This is the only solution.

Thanks for your time and I pray that you stand up for the right to bear arms as our forefathers intended.

Sincerely,

Blackrifle76
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Try hand written letter.  No one hand writes anything any more.  It might make more of an impact.  

Just a thought.  That's what I did.  Emailed as well.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Now is the time for us to start writing letters to our Senators and legislatures!! We need to let them know that we will not stand for any of this crap coming out of California and we want our civil and second amendment rights protected!!!

Here is a link for MO Senator Roy Blunt. It's an easy fill in the blank format and shouldn't take any longer to do that posting here!!!

http://www.blunt.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/contact-roy

Done....  

I also did one for my mother and father too (with their consent) as they are both NRA members and not PC savvy enough to do it themselves...  

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I moved to CO 9 months ago but just wrote
My old MO pals for the hell of it
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:17:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Would it do any good to write McCaskill?
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Would it do any good to write McCaskill?
Ehh I did....

Then you can send her an I told you so, when you vote her ass out...

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#12]

I wrote her, decided to tweak it a bit from what I wrote to Senator Blunt.

Here it is:

Senator McCaskill,

I am writing you today to voice my opposition to any and all gun control. The 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution is as clear as day, and it states that it shall not be infringed.

As a father of two school age children, I believe what happened to those children at Sandy Hook Elementary is a tragedy. Passing more laws regulating guns will not prevent this kind of despicable act from happening again.

Murder is already illegal, guns on school grounds is already illegal, and the point I'm making is that criminals and murderers will always find ways to kill and destroy. Gun bans only restrict law abiding citizens rights. The 1994 gun ban did absolutely nothing to stop crime. Look at our most violent cities in this country, they already have gun control. It doesn't work.

The answer is to do away with gun free zones and let Americans fully exercise their 2nd Amendment rights. Allow teachers, staff, volunteers to become trained and carry concealed in schools. This is the only solution.

Imagine for a minute, a scenario where the principal or several teachers were armed with concealed handguns and that psycho was attempting to force his way into the school.

How much easier would it be for the people we trust our children with every day to stop him? The police cannot prevent crime, only respond to it. It is every Americans duty to stand up to evil and that is why the great men who founded this country ensured that we have a Bill of Rights.

Thanks for your time and I pray that you stand up for the right to bear arms as our forefathers intended.

Sincerely,

Blackrifle76

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top