Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 11:15:00 AM EDT
The folks we used to clear our lot are no longer providing this service. Does anyone have someone they'd recommend? Need to be insured, licensed etc. or my boss will not use them. North Kansas City is the location. Thanks.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The state issues a snow removal license?    My kids shovel driveways and sidewalks for the neighbors, sometimes for free, but they usually get a few bucks.  Do they need to be bonded too?

CORRUPTISSIMA RES PUBLICA, PLURIMAE LEGES
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, if you have a business you should have a license right? Problem is extremely anal boss means the guy down the street with a blade can't do it... even for free

Just to add.

A family friend offered to do it several years ago and she said no and they have know that person for all his life.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Call him anal if you want.  
Ask him what the insurance cost is for hiring an unlicensed contractor.  Shows up on your liability and workers compensation.

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh no, I get it. I just mentioned that so any other jokers would understand.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Commercial Lawn Care in Avondale does a good job, but don't know thier rates. We used to use them at work.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Commercial Lawn Care in Avondale does a good job, but don't know thier rates. We used to use them at work.

Thank you, I'll add them to the list.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:05:18 AM EDT
[#9]
We use Hermes now and while they are quick to get on property their quality of work isn't as good and they tend to WAY over salt...as in make it slick because there is soo much salt.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:56:18 AM EDT
[#10]
We don't need the salt since we buy it ourselves, but you're correct most people use way to much. I'd love to sell them their ice melt!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top