Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2012 8:33:23 AM EDT
I wanted something I could carry my silencer with......you know, cause zombies wont friggin kill themselves.

Holster uses less kydex, this prototype uses a Tek-Lok instead of belt loops, the TLR-1s is whats used for retention. The draw is front to back instead of straight up like a traditional holster. I've been playing with it to see how the retention is, and it seems really solid.    The way that I molded the holster, the TLR-1s turns on when you draw, and turns off when you re-holster. I could probably mold a channel to avoid this feature, but right now, I kinda like it.

Planning to try it out with the added weight of my SWR Trident9 silencer on there, and hopefully get to carry it like this for "alternative methods" deer season.

</a> Uploaded with ImageShack.us" />
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice. I like how the tac light kicks on and off as you draw. I'm impressed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:49:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Very nice. I like how the tac light kicks on and off as you draw. I'm impressed.

Thanks. I've progressed in holster making a ton with your help!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome! I'd be a little afraid of it falling out or falling forward I guess... but then again I haven't felt it myself Very nice work.

I just made a couple the other day, one for my dads new Glock 23 and one I plan on mounting under my steering column in my truck for my XD. I might get some pics up one of these days. I'll try to make it to the next kydex party/beer night/homosexual gathering as well. I've got some kydex, beer, and a banana hammock that I'd like to use all in one night
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmmm, kydex banana hammock you say. I see another prototype in the works.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's awesome! I'd be a little afraid of it falling out or falling forward I guess... but then again I haven't felt it myself Very nice work.

I just made a couple the other day, one for my dads new Glock 23 and one I plan on mounting under my steering column in my truck for my XD. I might get some pics up one of these days. I'll try to make it to the next kydex party/beer night/homosexual gathering as well. I've got some kydex, beer, and a banana hammock that I'd like to use all in one night

I had concerns about the same exact thing. Tried it with the TLR-1s first and I think it has more than enough retention. I'm not so sure it will work well without it.

As for banana hammocks......
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hear you have to heat the Kydex to 400 degrees in order to get it to mold around the area!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you have to heat the Kydex to 400 degrees in order to get it to mold around the area!

Hair removal too. Can't wait till the next party now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Can you mold one for a Ruger 22/45 with a can?  You could probably make some cash making those.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you mold one for a Ruger 22/45 with a can?  You could probably make some cash making those.

Could always try to make one.....don't have one to play with, but I have two .22 cans.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could always try to make one.....don't have one to play with, but I have two .22 cans.

Tomorrow I'll have a 22/45 you can use, but no TB.

So we'll be making these at the holster party, right?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's only room for one Party Boy in this here town.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomorrow I'll have a 22/45 you can use, but no TB.

So we'll be making these at the holster party, right?

Can try to make about anything at the office for a holster party......especially if Slowpoke is able to come help out again.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's only room for one Party Boy in this here town.

Well I guess I'll let you volunteer your junk to set between 2 350 degree pieces of kydex in a vice

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty COOL

Even though I read it activated the light when you drew.

I saw the flash and was

Nice
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't think you can use it for alternative methods due to the light. No artificial light sources may be used and seeing as you have an automatic light upon drawing its not going to be good if a game warden comes up to check it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think you can use it for alternative methods due to the light. No artificial light sources may be used and seeing as you have an automatic light upon drawing its not going to be good if a game warden comes up to check it.

Hm....good point.   Wonder if removing batteries from the light would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd think it might be sufficient at least to keep someone not too interested in busting your balls off your case. The can will
Attract the majority of the attention anyway.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'd think it might be sufficient at least to keep someone not too interested in busting your balls off your case. The can will
Attract the majority of the attention anyway.

Eh....private land. Not overly concerned there...I hunt suppressed anytime a rifle/pistol is involved. Haven't found a good usable shotgun silencer yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top