Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2012 5:24:42 AM EDT
Ok HFT / East Side...

I am in need of styro foam blocks, minimum dimensions must be 1' x 1' x 8".  Will be used for BB gun stops.  Traditional traps won't work for this event.

We are setting up an in door Red Ryder range ...the styro foam isn't my idea, its the owner of the event local's and since they are allowing 50 or so overgrown kids to do it I'd like to comply.....

Any ideas where to find it (locally)? I've tried a few of the local big box / appliance stores but no go.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ok HFT / East Side...

I am in need of styro foam blocks, minimum dimensions must be 1' x 1' x 8". Will be used for BB gun stops. Traditional traps won't work for this event.

We are setting up an in door Red Ryder range ...the styro foam isn't my idea, its the owner of the event local's and since they are allowing 50 or so overgrown kids to do it I'd like to comply.....

Any ideas where to find it (locally)? I've tried a few of the local big box / appliance stores but no go.

Thanks!

Hmm what about some of the local places that do Boat Docks?  Don't they use a lot of Foam?

Also, what about molding your own with Spray Foam???

I've used cardboard boxes and filled them with Foam, them cut shaved them to the size I wanted..

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:58:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Hadn't thought about the spray foam....wondering host costly that is?

Looking into floral foam as well.  Not that Red Ryders are going to do that much damage (we used them in bb gun wars when I was  kid) but I want to keep the venue owner happy.

thanks for the ideas!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Canvass  tarps / drop clothes would work better.  Spray foam is not cheap at all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:20:09 AM EDT
[#4]
That is what the Daisy Target boxes have in them. A piece of canvas hung inside the box with an opening for the bullseye.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:26:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy sheets of Styrofoam sheeting at the lumber yard, cut it into 12" squares and glue them together to make 12" cubes. You should be able to buy 3" thick sheets and stack up 4 pieces to make a 12" cube.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Cardboard box
Dowel Rod
Carpet Samples...

Poke a couple holes in the carpet sample
thread the Dowel through
hang in the box...
if you HAVE to
Put a piece of Plywood in the back of the box behind the carpet...
Tack the target to the front of the box... the carpet will generally STOP the BBs but if it doesn't the ply will and the carpet will prevent rebounds.

BLAZE away...
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buy sheets of Styrofoam sheeting at the lumber yard, cut it into 12" squares and glue them together to make 12" cubes. You should be able to buy 3" thick sheets and stack up 4 pieces to make a 12" cube.

OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR CRAFTSMANSHIP AND LOGIC!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Never mind, I just noticed your from the east side
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all.  I'm going to see about hanging tarps from a rod or wire and then attach some sort of targets.   Red Ryders...it's the season and I don't want someone shooting their eye out!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Use canvass NOT PLASTIC.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:26:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The hanging towels is a better idea, but if you still want foam, try St. Louis foam.  I don't know if they have Styrofoam , but they do have all kinds of lighter foam like for furniture.  It's all cut to size.  Not cheap though.

I would thing the bb's would bounce off the dense foam out past a certain distance.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it!  Nobody calls me logical and gets away with it!  I demand satisfaction!  Ketchup bottles at twenty paces within the fortnight!!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's it!  Nobody calls me logical and gets away with it!  I demand satisfaction!  Ketchup bottles at twenty paces within the fortnight!!!!!!

KETCHUP!?! BARBARIAN! I SHALL USE MUSTARD!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:32:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Great! now we can settle that old  "Ketchup > Mustard" argument....

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 8:40:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hot sauce FTMFW!!!  

This, hot sauce is always the answer!
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot sauce FTMFW!!!  

That's  not a condiment, that's a food group.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I've come to a conclusion based on the other thread about great HTF brawls...

The reason I had asked about this is based on a social LE event I'm helping to put together, and during one of our meetings we reminisced about BB gun wars of old.

I suggest to the HTF hive the Great MOHTF Red Ryder War of 2012!  East Side/West Side....Beans/No Beans....1911/Hand Grenades!

Firepower is limited to Red Ryders...there will be no Mutual Assured Destruction (aka MAD) issues...

Many eye patches may be won this day but I believe much will be solved and peace will reign the land...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hot sauce FTMFW!!!  

I shall come armed with Melinda's XXXXtra Reserve Habanero Hot Sauce....

In a Custom Squeeze Bottle Of Course...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hot sauce FTMFW!!!  

http://www.melindas.com/bottles/xxxxhot.jpg

...........grabs the Ass in Space hot sauce and heads to the attic to find one of the Daughter's old Super Soakers.............

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't I see that on this week's Doomsday Prepper?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hot sauce FTMFW!!!  

http://www.melindas.com/bottles/xxxxhot.jpg

...........grabs the Ass in Space hot sauce and heads to the attic to find one of the Daughter's old Super Soakers.............

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top