Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2012 6:07:11 PM EDT
I picked one up yesterday.  Want to stock up on some ammo.  I got some federal Gold medal match and Privi M80 to break it in with.  I want to stock up and some ammo and I cant afford to buy 2000 rounds of M80.  How does the cheap shit run?  I can get Tulammo, Silver Bear, Wolf at a decent price.  Never ran it in one of my AR's.

Edited for spelling
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 8:48:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont get it
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I dont get it

This...

Go look at ammoseek and you can usually find decent deals off and on.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
My fal shoots Wolf .308 better than anything I've tried.

Haven't tried any match ammo or high dollar defense loads either though.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I shoot alot of Federal Gold Medal Match from SGAmmo.com for around $19/box. Recently I picked up a couple cases of American Eagle 168gr ammo that says its meant for M1A rifles, and it seems to shoot pretty well in my OBR.

I haven't shot any steel cased ammo in .308 yet, and since switching to an OBR I don't have much intention to.

I would keep an eye on SGAmmo.com...I usually cannot find better ammo prices locally or elsewhere online.
Link Posted: 7/14/2012 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks.  I ordered some Federal match from Pallmeto State they have free shipping still going on.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#7]
The only way to go cheap=quality is to roll your own.  If that is not an option, consider that Cheap ammo can have cheap results.  My OBR has not tasted anything but FGMM as I don't want to put crap into it.  In my opinion, crap in=crap out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
The Federal American Eagle M1A Loading (168 OTM) is a close second to Gnats Ass Ammo for any 308 Platform.
The FGMM 175 Gr loading is SIMILAR to the M118 LR
Kujoe Remind me when we do the LaRue Demo over here and I will bring out some 118LR and see how it does in the OBR.
The Federal American Eagle 150 FMJ loading works well and can be inexpensive too.

Link Posted: 7/15/2012 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I shoot alot of Federal Gold Medal Match from SGAmmo.com for around $19/box. Recently I picked up a couple cases of American Eagle 168gr ammo that says its meant for M1A rifles, and it seems to shoot pretty well in my OBR.

Yep.  This

Quoted:
The Federal American Eagle M1A Loading (168 OTM) is a close second to Gnats Ass Ammo for any 308 Platform.

And this too.
Link Posted: 7/15/2012 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The FGMM 175 Gr loading is SIMILAR to the M118 LR

Kujoe Remind me when we do the LaRue Demo over here and I will bring out some 118LR and see how it does in the OBR.

The Federal American Eagle 150 FMJ loading works well and can be inexpensive too.

I look forward to it.  I'll try to call you this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top