Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 8:40:46 AM EDT
I've had a screwed up Romy G kit for about 6 months now, and I'm debating what I should do with it. The recent thread about MDC changing muzzle loader season to "alternative methods" season rekindled my desire to build an AK pistol. What I'm wondering is with the disappearance of kits with original barrels is it sacrelige to chop up an original barrel? I'm pretty sure that I could double my money or more selling the kit as is, but I'm not sure I want the hassle of trying to hunt down another.

I know some of you are in the know; inform me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Keep the original bbl the way it is.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, you can get Sewer Pipes anywhere.
I have 3 Romy G guns...
I would not worry about cutting one.
But if you would rather have the money SELL IT!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have 3 Romy G guns...

If I sell it the money will just go towards another kit to build into a pistol.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have 3 Romy G guns...

If I sell it the money will just go towards another kit to build into a pistol.

Sell the kit and use the money to buy a Draco AK pistol.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with BK....Draco!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

What are they going for now? I thought the prices were getting stupid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Keep the kit and build it as a Kyber. Then buy a Draco for your pistol fix
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are they going for now? I thought the prices were getting stupid.
The distributors are currently out of stock. They are not restricted for import and are good sellers.
I would guess that a new shipment of the pistols will be arriving in the the fall.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Also what's screwed up about your kit?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd send the parts to restoreit and have him cut it down .. way cheaper than buying another kit.  

this is what I plan on doing on my next build .. and of course buying another F1 tax stamp so I can put a folder on it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Also what's screwed up about your kit?

Screw build gone wrong. The front trunion is damaged but salvageable, the rear trunion is toast.

I knew what was up with it before I bought it, and I paid an accordingly low price.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Trashed rear trunnion. Even more reason for a Kyber build since you wouldn't need the fixed stock rear trunnion. Then buy a Draco when they come back in.  

If you want to make it to a pistol and don't have the tools to do it, Restoreit does very good work.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 3:29:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd send the parts to restoreit and have him cut it down .. way cheaper than buying another kit.  

this is what I plan on doing on my next build .. and of course buying another F1 tax stamp so I can put a folder on it.

That's my plan. Pat has done some work for me before and I was really happy with the results. I may eventually go for an SBR, but an AR will be my first on a form 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top