Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2012 11:35:23 PM EDT

Was kinda thinkin about pickin one of those up...

It could almost fill two slots on my want list with one gun...  (its Semi-sorta-almost-but-not-quite a 1911 and it would be my 1st C&R piece)

Aim wants 399 for'em...  Seems a bit much though...
Ehh, by the time I'd get the money they will be out anyway...

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#1]
This guy has loads of them:
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=979927

I'd rather get another FN Hi Power from him though.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:14:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one. It is a pleasure to shoot. 9x19 out of a relatively heavy pistol gives very little recoil. However, magazine is hard to get. Mine has a weak recoil spring and I have not found a replacement for it yet.

One more thing. If you get one, as soon as it arrives, take off the wooden grip panels. Make sure there is no corrosion going on under the panels. I was shocked to find out that my gun has a very serious corrosion activity going on under the wood and nowhere else in the gun. I think the wood has absorbed some moisture along the way and initiating the corrosion process.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It is NOT recommended to dry fire them, if you do there is a strong chance of breaking the firing pin.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't look like a bad gun....but for $400 you have many many better options. if your wanting something like a 1911 in 9mm this might be your cheapest option tho
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 6:12:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I know a guy who had one just for plinking, and he liked it.

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I think I would get a rock island or something like that before the star, youll be able to get parts and magazines more easily for the reg 1911.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like a bad gun....but for $400 you have many many better options. if your wanting something like a 1911 in 9mm this might be your cheapest option tho

$400 is too high for the Star-B. I got mine around $250 on my C&R a couple yrs ago.

If you want a gun that you could use for anything else other than collecting and occasional shooting .... get something else. Like others have mentioned, at $400 you are getting into the price range of some imported 1911 like Rock Island or ATI. If you do want one in 9x19, I believe Rock Island also offers them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2012 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Yea, it was just a thought...

At 1st it looked good as its a

1911 ( I want one for the collection to say I have one, but not really into them)

Its a C&R (not much eligible that I'm really interested in, I'm more of a modern guy, I really just got it foe the discounts and because it was needed for NFA items)

9mm semi-cheap to shoot.

The more I look at it, I may be better off with some of the 1911s mentioned and finding something else as a C&R...  

How long till AKs can go on the list?  Or will they ever?

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 5:54:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Aim used to have good prices on firearms. Not so much any more.
Those guns run $218 to $288 here:
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=*star&IncludeSellers=979927

I kinda like this Nickel one:

Link Posted: 6/30/2012 7:59:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The Stars were good guns, the supers were improved models but the original model A's and B's were not shabby at all. It is a single stack 9 with a reasonably good trigger.
You could do a lot worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top