Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2012 3:26:01 PM EDT
Does anyone own any Black Dawn AR-15's?   How is the quality?

A shop opened up near me that sells them and I might get an upper from them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My son and I each have one. Its seems to be quality parts and finish. I have the A2 stock and 20" barrel on mine. Its very accurate, with reloads I can keep it sub moa at 100yds. Haven't tried shoting any farther than that. Its not 100% Black Dawn, the upper receiver is a left handed Stag and has ambidexrious controls. My sons is chambered in 6.8spc and has the NP3 coating on it. Its a beautiful rifle. I haven't been around alot of other brands to compare mine to but I am quite happy.
  You ought to head to Sedalia and check their shop out. They are remodeling right now but I'm sure Tim would be glad to take the time to answer any  questions you may have.

disclaimer: I dont work for Black Dawn or have any affiliation with them other than being a customer many times over since they opened up shop.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The parts they make in house are cheap crap. They can assemble other people's parts into decent ARs just as well as anyone else. Just build your own. You'll have a similar guiltily gun that you will like more because you built it yourself.
Link Posted: 6/8/2012 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2012 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've seen ARs they built and they are OK at best.

I've seen a Garand and Saiga 12 they worked on. I would run away. What they did to those two guns would rate right up there with some of the worse bubba jobs you have ever seen. I had to spend a few hours on the Saiga 12 just trying the repair the stuff they dicked up. For these reasons I would never give them my $ but thats just my 2cents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top