Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2012 6:34:17 AM EDT
Hadn't seen anyone post this, came in email...

Metro Shooting Supplies

Thursday, April 5, 2012

We're working hard to get our new Bridgeton location open!

Plans to open Bridgeton gunshop and range Monday April 9

We're filling up our new location at 11434 St. Charles Rock Road with inventory. We know you are eager for us to open up and we're excited to tell you that we are planning to open to the public Monday April 9. We look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks for your patience as we designed and built this 8600 square-foot retail showroom and 13-bay indoor range.

Sincerely,

Steve and Amy King

owners

Metro Shooting Supplies

[td style="margin-bottom: 6px; margin-top: 6px;">
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll give them another shot, so to speak.  We'll still renew our family membership at Ultimate Defense but I may use these guys' range from time to time.

If it was open back when I was working in Bridgeton and not downtown, I'd have gotten a membership for sure.  Would have been great to be able to burn off some of the stress of having a horrible boss in a bad enviornment.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:08:11 AM EDT
[#2]

I'm guessing they'll be to expensive, but I'll check'em out...  

I've already got memberships to ARPC and 67 Gun Club, so unless its really fairly priced, I most likely won't be shooting there....  At least not much.

I like to check out new/local shops and see whats available anyway...

Link Posted: 4/6/2012 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I prefer local, too.

I'd rather pay sales tax than shipping.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this the same one that owns the store in belleville?
IIRC They were really high on there range rental.
Link Posted: 4/6/2012 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Is this the same one that owns the store in belleville?

IIRC They were really high on there range rental.

Yep same group...

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 7:04:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Stopped in after work today. Smells New and a lot pricey. They don't have everything out or prices on the stuff on the shelves.

Service was less than stellar, I'll go back in a couple weeks to check it out again.

Range time I did hear was $18 an hour.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Stopped in after work today. Smells New and a lot pricey. They don't have everything out or prices on the stuff on the shelves.

Service was less than stellar, I'll go back in a couple weeks to check it out again.

Can you shoot rifles in there???

Link Posted: 4/8/2012 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you shoot rifles in there???

Not Sure, didn't get a chance to talk to anyone and didn't wander downstairs to the range portion. from the sounds I could hear I would think yes. Someone had a cannon going off for a little bit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:08:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I stopped in this morning.  They coralled several display cases around the area where they have magazines and other small items for sale.  Its obvious they didn't want anybody finger f––––-g  this stuff.  I asked the guy behind this cluster of display cases if I was allowed to walk back there to browse.  The answer was no.  I asked "is that going to change"?  And the answer was again, "no".  So basically, they have stuff for sale that you're not allowed to look at.  I mean, you can't even get a great look at what's back there to even ask for something.   I know, its their business, if I don't like it, I don't have to shop there, etc.  But its obvious they don't trust their customers - and its obvious they're trying to keep people from shoplifting... but for Pete's sake this is rediculous.   I don't know what it is with this company... they don't seem to trust their customers.  Last time (in Maryland Heights), they demanded to HOLD MY ID while I held an AR.  I'm not a kid, I don't look like a kid, and I don't look like a punk.  Yeah, I'm still butt-hurt about their moronic customer treatment.   They're going to have to change the way they do things before I buy from them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Over in the Illinois HTF we have an Affectionate Name for Steve the Owner. Something along the lines of Smoking and Pole.
I have not bought anything from the Belleville Shop for Years. There Customer Service & attitude is as said Less than Stellar. There range is Pitiful. The prices My God are High on everything. There was an older couple looking at a pair of S&W MP 9mm the guy was trying to haggle the price down a little (for Good Reason) and it was going nowhere . I butted in and told him to go to Ron &Jo's as it would be easily $60-70 cheaper. And Rightfully so I was Told to leave and they did too thanking me
I hope it works out for you guys over there.
But Not one Penny they will ever see of Mine
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I stopped in this morning. They coralled several display cases around the area where they have magazines and other small items for sale. Its obvious they didn't want anybody finger f––––-g this stuff. I asked the guy behind this cluster of display cases if I was allowed to walk back there to browse. The answer was no. I asked "is that going to change"? And the answer was again, "no". So basically, they have stuff for sale that you're not allowed to look at. I mean, you can't even get a great look at what's back there to even ask for something. I know, its their business, if I don't like it, I don't have to shop there, etc. But its obvious they don't trust their customers - and its obvious they're trying to keep people from shoplifting... but for Pete's sake this is rediculous. I don't know what it is with this company... they don't seem to trust their customers. Last time (in Maryland Heights), they demanded to HOLD MY ID while I held an AR. I'm not a kid, I don't look like a kid, and I don't look like a punk. Yeah, I'm still butt-hurt about their moronic customer treatment. They're going to have to change the way they do things before I buy from them.

I hear ya....  and your right, with attitude like that, no one will shop there atleast not more than once and they won't spend any money...  

Give'em a few weeks and retry...  Maybe they were just stressing out and things are as they will be when in full swing...  

I hate to see a shop/range fail....

Someone should send them a link to this thread...

Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck Belleville Shooting Range, having lived in IL and wanted to find a good shop to do business with BSR is not one of them.

I've been in there a few times before finally swearing them off, they have the shittiest customer survive, shitty attitudes toward customers and the highest prices I have ever seen.

I will never recommend anyone to BSR and discourage everyone I know to avoid that shop like the plague. I have never disliked a shop so much in my life.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Range report - of the Range:

A coworker and myself wen there today over lunch.  I called before hand to verify that they are open with lanes available, and to see what we are allowed to shoot. They said up to 30-06 was o.k.

We get there, sign in, and all the normal pleasentries / range rules / etc. They ask what we're shooting,  I tell them 9mm, 45, and .223. They then procede to tell me that they only allow thier rifle ammo on the range. I was a little miffed that the guy on the phone never told me that. But what the hell, so I ask what a box of .223 runs - $9.99 for a box of remington 55gr...barf... fine. I decided to buy one box as the guy with me wanted to shoot my carbine. $18 / hrfor non members, $6.00 / hr for members, [$199 a year] $0.75 a target $6.00 for each target holder you punch a bullet hole through, and they don't charge you for eye and ear protection to borrow. The range is nice,  as it should be, being new and all. They have a small variety of stuff to rent, pleanty of ammo to buy etc,. Overall, the range is nice. I'll go back, as shooting over lunch is alot easier than going after work, weekends etc.

The store front had a good selection of items, at nicely inflated prices. I guess you have to fund it it somehow. I did ask if the could order a .22 upper for me, to get a feel of their pricing / haggling etc. I was asked "why I would want to do that? You can get a smith mp15-22 for the same price.....CMMG is junk....blah blah blah, doesn't matter if its dedicated, it will foul up your lower... blah blah blah..the dedicated ones are more accurate..." I didn't even feel like arguing.  Needless to say, that discussion made up my mind, I won't buy a gun from them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Man, I thought that they were just having a bad day when I popped into the old Maryland Hts location...

Guess I'll just keep driving to St Peters for indoor range time.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Yep, I'll drive the extra distances to shoot at ARPC and 67 Gun Club and Shop at Cedar Falls if they have something I want...
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 11:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I as well stopped in over lunch. Place was busy for sure. I didn't take anything with me to shoot but I did go downstairs to the range - was a bit put off by the policies as noted a couple replies up: particularly buying their ammo for any rifle over .22 . As noted its 6 dollars an hour for member and 18 for non. Rental was 5/member 10/non, shooting a target holder was 6 dollar charge, targets were .75 each.

What did have prices on it seemed high. Everything out where I could get to didn't have price tags but based on gun prices I'd venture they are higher than either big box shops within a few miles of here.

Can't comment on service as I was just browsing (although someone did ask if I needed help) and didn't go to the counter to talk gun.

All in all if you its close to your house and you want to shoot handgun indoors I'd give it a try. Other than that the storefront portion leaves something to be desired...
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:28:59 PM EDT
[#17]
At the Maryland Heights location they had a sign saying that they will collect sales tax on all transfers from out of state.  I could only imagine what the transfer Fe would be.
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

At the Maryland Heights location they had a sign saying that they will collect sales tax on all transfers from out of state. I could only imagine what the transfer Fe would be.

That doesn't make sense...  They are not selling it...

Fedex, UPS or whoever doesn't change me sales tax again for items bought, no matter if I bought them outta state and did not have to pay tox or if I bought them in state and already paid it...

Not sure how you'd complain too, but that seems a lil shady too me....   Which is one of the reasons I'd never have them to a Transfer for me...  

I think they will go downhill fast...
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The transfer / Tax thing Is a remnant of the Ill. Dept of revenue .the state got Pissy Wet on Gun Shops not collecting it and pretty much put a stop to it.so maybe he is keeping it in mo. Shady Steve is
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#20]
That's a shame, I just bought a house really close by
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's a shame, I just bought a house really close by

That is unfortunate... it means you live near me
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
At the Maryland Heights location they had a sign saying that they will collect sales tax on all transfers from out of state. I could only imagine what the transfer Fe would be.

Fedex, UPS or whoever doesn't change me sales tax again for items bought, no matter if I bought them outta state and did not have to pay tox or if I bought them in state and already paid it...

Not sure how you'd complain too, but that seems a lil shady too me....   Which is one of the reasons I'd never have them to a Transfer for me...  

Or back across the river?
Link Posted: 4/9/2012 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or back across the river?

hahaha, thats fine with me...

Link Posted: 4/10/2012 4:53:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Metro Shooting sucks period and their radio show is lame.  I'd drive 100 miles before I went to them for anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top