Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2012 3:24:27 PM EDT
I have an old antique Italian switch blade I would like to get fixed and restored. It needs work on the spring mech and then just needs to be polished and cleaned up.

Who does work on old swtich blades?

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
wish i could find someone that wouldnt butcher mine in st louis... oy
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't mean to be that guy, but you do know that in the Missouri General Assembly's infinite wisdom they removed the provision of law that allowed for civilian ownership of switch blades right? Now remember they did this while decreasing the age for a CCW and removing the FFL requirement for NFA items, so I can legally CCW a machine pistol, but by god I can't have a switchblade.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
So I should hide my dag.....right? lol jk.

well right now the thing doesn't even work. Thats dumb. Can I sell the thing on ebay or something?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:28:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

well right now the thing doesn't even work. Thats dumb. Can I sell the thing on ebay or something?

The law will be changing back in August to where collectors are OK.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on.  

They just need to add collectors back in and clear CCW holders for 'switchblades'.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Are they really changing the law?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 3:37:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes, it's in a committee . I don't remember the details of which bill or whatever it is, but I remember seeing it while looking at the 2a bills this year. It was to fix the part about collecting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on.  

They just need to add collectors back in and clear CCW holders for 'switchblades'.

Point of order. Switchblades were never ok to carry even by a CCW holder. If we get the collectors (curio and relic) wording placed back in the statute then anyone may possess a switchblade as a part of a collection but the carrying concealed will not be legal, even with a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on.  

Point of order. Switchblades were never ok to carry even by a CCW holder. If we get the collectors (curio and relic) wording placed back in the statute then anyone may possess a switchblade as a part of a collection but the carrying concealed will not be legal, even with a CCW permit.

I am fully aware of what the law has said and currently says about these evil little knives, my point still stands though. I can legally CCW a machine pistol in this state, hell I have still yet to find something in RSMO that would prevent me from packing a SBR'd FA M16 under a trench coat if the mood were to strike me, but I can't carry a pocket knife with an extra spring?
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on.  

I am fully aware of what the law has said and currently says about these evil little knives, my point still stands though. I can legally CCW a machine pistol in thist state, hell I have still yet to find something in RSMO that would prevent me from packing a SBR'd FA M16 under a trench coat if the mood were to strike me, but I can't carry a pocket knife with an extra spring?

I haven't paid close attention to Missouri's CCW law (don't need one) but, under HR 218, Police Officers cannot carry a machine gun concealed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am fully aware of what the law has said and currently says about these evil little knives, my point still stands though. I can legally CCW a machine pistol in this state, hell I have still yet to find something in RSMO that would prevent me from packing a SBR'd FA M16 under a trench coat if the mood were to strike me, but I can't carry a pocket knife with an extra spring?

After I re-read what you originally posted I now get it.

And I agree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, it's in a committee . I don't remember the details of which bill or whatever it is, but I remember seeing it while looking at the 2a bills this year. It was to fix the part about collecting.
Ooh, that'll suck for any collectors who begrudgingly sold their collections.  

Yeah; I didn't have a lot, but I really liked them.

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Ooh, that'll suck for any collectors who begrudgingly sold their collections.  

Yeah; I didn't have a lot, but I really liked them.

Sadly I didn't get to sell any of my collection, they were lost in a Boating accident on August 27th, 2011 at 2359, I suppose that if the law changes I may dust of some old diving gear and attempt recovery of my lost items.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top