Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2012 7:06:32 AM EDT
Just wanted to introduce myself to the members here. Have been following AR15.com off and on for about 6 months or so and finally got an email address that I could use to register.

A little about myself:

My name is Mike and I am  a former Army Sergeant/ disabled vet. I reside in Jeff City, but have only lived here for a few months ( originally from N.Y. ) I don't own any black rifles yet, but hope to change that later in the year. I do own 1 handgun and 1 rifle at the moment, with a second handgun arriving tomorrow. I plan on taking my CCW course next month at Ammo Alley ( which I am a member of the shooting range there ). I have been away from firearms since I left the Army in 1999, due to having children in the house I previously lived in. Now that I have my own place, I'm jumping back into the game.

My reasons for joining AR15.com: Is to show my support to the site ( bought my membership already ),meet new friends in the area, and to gain more knowledge  about firearms.
If there's anything else you want to know, just ask.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:31:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to arfcom, just remember don't get an attitude with the site staff (ask me how I know)

Living in Jeff I assume you work for the state as well.  I live in Ashland and work for Conservation in Jeff City so if you want to go to lunch one day let me know.

There is also a good outdoor shooting members only club in Jeff, it is the United Sportsmen's Club.  They have several ranges, skeet and archery, hell they even have a fishing pond.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to your newest addiction

I see you probably know your way around the site a little bit already. General Discussion is usually full of asshats, but the technical forums have an answer for just about every gun-related question known to man. This site is a fantastic resource. I've been on for nearly 9 years now, and just made my first local shoot on Monday (was an AWESOME time, shoulda done it earlier).

Welcome to arf
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the MO fun club.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I live in Holts Summit, welcome to the area.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to ARFCOM and enjoy it here

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you all for the welcome . I spent about 30 min or so with Bladeswitcher ( hopefully I got that right ) at his shop today. Very nice guy. Hope to get to know some others who live in or close to Jeff.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Welcome to arfcom, just remember don't get an attitude with the site staff (ask me how I know)

Living in Jeff I assume you work for the state as well.  I live in Ashland and work for Conservation in Jeff City so if you want to go to lunch one day let me know.

There is also a good outdoor shooting members only club in Jeff, it is the United Sportsmen's Club.  They have several ranges, skeet and archery, hell they even have a fishing pond.

I am permanently disabled, so no more working for me ( damn double edged sword ). I am game for lunch though. Gives me a chance to try new places to eat.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome and thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Welcome and thank you for your service!

Thank you. I appreciate that. Joined when I was 17 planning to do my 20 and maybe more, but it ended after only 8. Now, I have the rest of my life to take my time  and not rush through it. I do have a niece and nephew here to spoil though
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to ARF!  Thank you for your service too!
I'm up the road in Columbia.  I have shot at Ammo Alley once.  I belong to Green Valley up in Hallsville.
Look forward to seeing you around!
Joe
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome to the site.

Thank you for your service as well.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:46:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Wow, thank you all!! You know how to make someone feel welcome! I hope I can repay your kindness with advice etc...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#13]
If you ever make it to the KC area, let us KC guys know.  We have some fun get togethers that would be worth the trip.  A belt fed suppressed M16 always seems to leave a big grin on your face

Thank you for your service.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:36:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!!  If your ever in springfield hit me up and we'll grab a beer
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank you for your service!

Welcome to ARFCOM and welcome to MOHTF!

Edit: Also, you'll notice the small tank icon I have...if you got a copy of your DD214 you can send it to Striker and get the same thing to show that you're current or former Military. Once that's done, you'll be able to access the Military only forum.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:02:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to Missouri, I live in the Springfield area but I work for DNR in Jeff City through the week.  When the days start to lengthen up a bit we need to get some JC-COMO folks together for a shoot during the week.
I introduced some of my co-workers to the BRD down at the Russellville Range (what's the name?).

anyway, welcome aboard!

-Johnny
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:25:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Good to meet  you Mike. Stop by the shop any time. And welcome to arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome !

I live in Jeff too , hopefully we can meet sometime. I was in Bob's store yesterday myself and he told me you had came in and he met you. I'm a member of the United Sportsman's club ( as well as Bob ) and like to go shooting sometimes when the weather is nice ( like today .... ) . Maybe we'll meet up and do that sometime !

P.S. Stay out of General Discussion....

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Welcome to ARF, another JC guy here.    
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for all tips so far. Will get my DD-214 sent to Striker for my tank icon To the person asking about the Russellville range, it is called Scrivner and I will be going there once I get my AR.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to the site Stitches and thank you for your service....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top