Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2011 2:36:35 PM EDT
Had passed by Pacific Gun and Archery off 44 countless times, but never wandered in. Decided to do that this morning. This will be a regular stop for me from now on.  Apparently the new owner and his wife (she wasn't present) purchased the place very recently, like within the past month. Both he and the other employee were very cordial and outgoing. None of the 'gunshop guy knows everything' mentality.

They have a smaller selection, but it seems to be good stuff and he is looking to stock up a lot more (more on that in a bit). Quick estimate would be 50 or so handguns, 30 rifles, 30 shotguns, a pistol caliber carbine or two,  a half dozen or less ARs (M&P and Oly Arms that I saw), and a few 22LR ARs. Good mix of new/used, perhaps 65%/35%.  Prices run the range from really good deals to sort of standard pricing.  An example of a good deal was as Savage Mark II TR with scope for $335 (I bought it!). Example of a not so great deal was 1000rd case of Federal XM193BK for $409, but I guess the fact that he's even stocking bulk ammo is a start.

He is stocking up on magpul parts at the moment and had a good start to the collection already. Some PMAGS, CTR stocks, BUIS, etc.  He had a case of Vortex scopes, so that seems to be the line he will be carrying.  He will have some lowers there this week that will be selling for less than $100, but I didn't recognize the name, so not sure about those.  He is looking to start stocking much more and apparently had talked to some other customers about which ARs to start stocking. The feedback thus far was RRA, BCM, and "the cheapest you can find". He said he wouldn't go with anything cheap. I told him my personal opinion was BCM, but who am I. He also said he was personally considering Del-Ton.

He had a small selection of holsters, gear bags/pouches, cleaning supplies, and the other gunshop standard fair.

Overall, this guy seems to have the right approach. He is working on getting things stocked up. He has a great attitude... and even said that his approach is to make sure he can put whatever you are looking for in your hands when you come in and not have to tell you "I can order it". I overheard him telling another customer who was LEO that he was going to be getting his license to deal in Class 3 as well since there is some demand for suppressors locally.

Almost forgot, he has free coffee too!

I'd encourage anyone to stop by and check it out.

If everything works out for this guy, I think this place might be pretty great.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Nick is the new owner. He comes out and shoots at RJTCCW's here in St.Clair when RJ host's handgun events. Nicks a super nice guy glad to hear the store is shaping up. I need to get in there and take a look around.
Not sure if he's on this board but it wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nick is the new owner. He comes out and shoots at RJTCCW's here in St.Clair when RJ host's handgun events. Nicks a super nice guy glad to hear the store is shaping up. I need to get in there and take a look around.
Not sure if he's on this board but it wouldn't surprise me.

i might have to check him out then
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the post, sounds like it would be worth a stop.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I just heard about this a few days ago, and that the new owner is on MissouriCarry. If he's not on here we should suggest it to him.

I've bought a few guns there, when Tim owned it, but it's been months since I've been in there.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you OP for mentioning the shop.

I should have done it weeks ago but forgot....

I mentioned to Nick that he should get on ARFCOM and maybe as things settle in he will be able to. Yes he is a member of MoCarry.

Both Debbie (Nick's wife) and their daughter took a CCW class from me a week and a half ago. They should both be carrying around the store shortly.

Stop in and say hi. Make suggestions as Nick wants to cater to the AR crowd and broaden that part of the business.

Hours are M-F 10 am to 6 pm (call and he will stay later), Sat 10 - 2.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have not bought any firearms there, I wasn't in the market for anything they had, but I have gotten reloading supplies a few times.

My general impression was that prices were good to great deals on most all items in stock.  My brother just bought a bunch of doo-dads there last week and the new owner gave him a minor discount for working for Mo. Department of Corrections.

I would probably stop by there first if I needed an odd reloading component in a pinch. Not a huge stock but had most of the many varieties of primers.

Seems like a good place already with only improvements to come.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top