Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 7:06:36 AM EDT
April 12-15  2012

Plans to be made. Missed the last one. Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice! I saw Ted Nugent at the last one. (2007)

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to the last one on the Friday and my brother had his wedding in OKC the next morning. Kind of a busy weekend.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Woo hoo! I went to the last one. It was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never been. Can't wait! Woo Hoo.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I will make the trip
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If I were a betting man, I'd say all of you may meet me there...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
......oh.......boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent the whole day at the last one and I swear I handled every gun they had available.......
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds great! I missed it last time. Will put it on the calendar early(now) this time!

We could do a meet and greet of epic proportions considering our central location.  Or maybe not.

Looking forward to it regardless.

Gilt/Joe
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]
The last one was the LARGEST convention ever held in St. Louis.  Only the Pope's visit hosted more people at one time in the convention building.

STL was a last minute switch after Cincinnati passed a AWB to keep the convention out of their city.  The NRA was very happy with the turnout and that's why they're coming back.

It's a fun show, I went out to the one in Louisville the following year.  But there is no comparison to SHOT.....the NRA show is about 1/4 size of SHOT.  All the big names are still there, but you don't have all the LEO products and such to play with.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:43:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been to TWO in St Louis.  Both a great time!

Take you kids in scout uniforms, and they get in free!  Every gun (no matter how expensive) has the firing pin removed.  The guy who owns Kirkwood Outfitters is a big wheel in MO NRA.  He was telling me that one of the ultra high-end mfg's didn't want to comply until they old them to get out.

Anyway, my boys and I had a blast fondling all the cool wares.  You can pick up and handle and dry-fire to your heart's content.  I actually used it as a learning experience.  I told my boys they could pick up and touch whatever they want, but they had to 'clear' it first thing, every time...even if their brother hands it to them, and they saw him clear it.  Gave them lots of experience on how to open and check every type of action out there!

Words of warning...you will leave there wanting LOTS of new stuff...and when your wife sees the wet spot on the front of your britches, she's going to assume you went to the East Side!!

Can't wait!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I am proud to say I got thrown out every night " ladies and gentlemen the convention is closed for the night please leave"
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I missed the last one and kicked myself in the ass for it.  I'll try to make it to this one.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Had a great time at the last one, will definately be there again.

BTW, they usually have some great membeship specials with some cool promo items for upgading to life.  Last time it was a special edition Leupold scope or a nice leather jacket.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top