Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2010 5:58:22 PM EDT
Came home today and my 14ft enclosed trailer was stolen from my driveway in the Raytown area it was white in color and a V-Nose w/an Arkansas tag, American hauler sticker on the back, the contents are what's the most important to me, as it was my livleyhood (Remodeling Contractor).  At the point I don't know what I'm gonna do for a living, estimated value in tools lost was right around the 80k mark.  So please if anyone run's into somebody wanting to sell some hot tools around here let me know.  816-547-8311
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that sucks, isn't anything lower than a damn theif.  They're lower than whale shit!!!  I'm on the ither side of the state so I doubt I'll see it but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll keep an eye out, but my advice is to watch ebay and craigslist
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a picture of the trailer? Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Came home today and my 14ft enclosed trailer was stolen from my driveway in the Raytown area it was white in color and a V-Nose w/an Arkansas tag, American hauler sticker on the back, the contents are what's the most important to me, as it was my livleyhood (Remodeling Contractor).  At the point I don't know what I'm gonna do for a living, estimated value in tools lost was right around the 80k mark.  So please if anyone run's into somebody wanting to sell some hot tools around here let me know.  816-547-8311

I think once they catch the ignorant lazy no good for nothing idiots(I'm being really nice) you should get a few hours with them alone with a few of your tools.

Did you not have insurance on your tools?  You should be able to make a claim and replace them as long as you have the right insurance.

If they find your trailer and all the tools the insurance will likely take them and possibly offer to sell them back very cheap to you. IF they replaced them already by cutting you a check.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this your ad?  http://kansascity.craigslist.org/wan/1956458787.html

If not, posting a want to buy ad on various places for the stuff that was stolen might help you come into contact with the thieves.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 12:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is this your ad?  http://kansascity.craigslist.org/wan/1956458787.html

If not, posting a want to buy ad on various places for the stuff that was stolen might help you come into contact with the thieves.

No sir that is a buddy of mine posting that, I am trying all angles here.  I am determine something will turn up, there's to much shit in there to not want to make a profit on.  It makes me sick that some chicken shit would even do such a thing, when I would give the shrit off my back to keep someone working. Thank you sir for the effort.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 2:08:37 AM EDT
[#7]
WEll I will state the obvious...

Did you call the police and file a report?

Was the trailer and contents insured?

If not WHY?

Did you have a hitch lock on it?
You can be assured it didn't go far,
I have a couple places I will check this evening can't tell you anything before then though.
There is a certain appartment complex near here where certain ne'r do wells reside and about two blocks from there is a place where vehicles get stripped and burned.
Nate's Swap and Shop would be a good place to look for your stuff as well, old 63rd street drive in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
WEll I will state the obvious...

Did you call the police and file a report? Yes

Was the trailer and contents insured?  Trailer no, some contents yes, Just got done retooling up and pulling the info to bring to my ins. agent for my company

If not WHY?

Did you have a hitch lock on it? yes, not sure how they got it off.
You can be assured it didn't go far,
I have a couple places I will check this evening can't tell you anything before then though.
There is a certain appartment complex near here where certain ne'r do wells reside and about two blocks from there is a place where vehicles get stripped and burned.
Nate's Swap and Shop would be a good place to look for your stuff as well, old 63rd street drive in.

Link Posted: 9/16/2010 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
.. it was white in color and a V-Nose w/an Arkansas tag, American hauler sticker on the back, .... 816-547-8311

Any other identifying marks?  I'll keep an eye out for it in Raytown.

Crossroads Trailers and American Hauler stickers on the ramp door, and an American Hauler sticker on the V-nose toward the top. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:44:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in south KC by Lees Summit - I'll keep an eye out too.

I hate thieves - hope you get your stuff back.  

ETA:  Also, do you have a list of equipment, possibly with serial #'s that was stolen?  Would be handy to check out the local pawn shops too.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top