Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:36 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#3]
God bless the USA and her men and women in uniform!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got off duty at the FD the morning that it happened.  A buddy on duty called, and said turn on the news.....I'll never forget that feeling inside.  I spent the rest of the day up at the Station, watching it all unfold.

I will never forget!!!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just got off duty at the FD the morning that it happened.  A buddy on duty called, and said turn on the news.....I'll never forget that feeling inside.  I spent the rest of the day up at the Station, watching it all unfold.

I will never forget!!!!

And I will never be tricked into thinking only radical islamics aproved of it...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:01:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
The twin towers return to  New York....

Special features of USS NEW YORK (LPD-21)

• Her bow stem includes seven and a half tons of steel recovered from the World Trade Center's twin towers

• Construction with World Trade Center steel encouraged by Governor George Pataki of New York State and Mayor Michael Bloomberg of New York City

• Name given by then Secretary of the Navy Gordon England

• Her keel was laid in August 2004

• When Hurricane Katrina hit in August 2005, 1,200 shipyard workers opted to keep on working

• She was christened at Northrop Grumman's Avondale, Louisiana shipyard on March 1, 2008

• Ship's motto: '"Strength forged through sacrifice. Never forget."

Her Sister Ships
Still in construction are the other two: the soon-to-be USS ARLINGTON (LPD-24) named for the Virginia county in which the Pentagon is located, and the USS SOMERSET (LPD-25) named for the Pennsylvania county where American Airlines Flight 93 crashed into a field.

Official Web Site of the USS NEW YORK commissioning

USS New York (LPD-21) From Wikipedia

ETA

From that beer producer on the east side...

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#8]
E1CM and I went to the Pioneer Range today to watch others enjoy shooting our ammunition.
There was a Benchrest match that had all of the rifle ranges closed off so we went to the plate rack and shot handguns.
Along came a young man who was helping with the Benchrest shoot, he had been observing the non shooters at the BR and heard us bangin and clangin...
He was Awestruck by the 1911s I brought and The Glock and the ARs...
He even thought Erics small pile of guns were cool! He had never fired a handgun but had shot rifles for a while.
I taught him how to shoot the handgun and he was a natural!
Then he brought his girlfriend over and we Eric and I helped her become a new shooter, she had not fired a GUN of any kind before in her life...
They were having a ball, then a father and son came to watch and I let them shoot my 1911 (Non shooters Dad/Grandad was over not shooting BR)
Both were astounded by my Comtac Ears...
They both went from non shooters to fair to midland shooters.
Dad then left and came back with Daughter whom had never shot a firearm of any kind...
She did quite well fairly quickly. Then Dad wanted to look at Eric's "MP5" with CAN so I showed him that, Let him shoot it.
Then let Daughter shoot it, then they left and came back with Mom, she wanted to take pictures of Daughter with the guns...

Freedom Rang in the form of Bullets on Steel!

I wore my Spikes tactical shirt, White with Sanskrit "Non Believer" on the front

All in all an enjoyable day introducing new shooters to the pleasure of an essential freedom!

As to waterboarding? Well I have been waterboarded, I survived and am only slightly tweeked... WATERBOARD THEM ALL! IF YOU GET ONE TINY BIT OF EVIDENCE AND INFO THAT SAVES ONE AMERICAN LIFE?
WATERBOARD EVERY GODDAM ONE OF THEM IF IT KILLS THEM!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll never forget. I was in 2nd hour class my Sophmore year, when someone turned on the news. It just hit me hard. I immediatly thought, well I won't be going to Engineering school when I graduate, we'll be at war with someone.  I assumed the draft would be restarted.

We didn't do anything the rest of that day, and not much the next day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Damned horses mus ta kicked up some dust.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damned horses mus ta kicked up some dust.
You too!

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
People have already forgotten. Good thing we have plenty of photo's of the camps from '45 or they would be telling us that was fake too.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People have already forgotten. Good thing we have plenty of photo's of the camps from '45 or they would be telling us that was fake too.

They do...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#15]
That was a day that I'll never forget, and any TRUE red blooded American would never forget that day!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top