Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/7/2010 12:08:54 PM EDT
Just came across this section of the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I from St. Peters. I was curious who all was from the St. Louis area?  Where does everyone shoot around here? I currently shoot at my own little range I have setup on my land, but locally I go to Busch. I have thought about joining the Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City, anybody here a member?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!  I'm in Washington.  BRC is very nice, but expensive with a lot of rules.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just came across this section of the site and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I from St. Peters. I was curious who all was from the St. Louis area? Where does everyone shoot around here? I currently shoot at my own little range I have setup on my land, but locally I go to Busch. I have thought about joining the Benchrest Rifle Club in Wright City, anybody here a member?

Welcome...  I'm from St. louis...  North County, Lilac and 270 area...

I mostly shoot at Arnold Rifle and Pistol (membership required).

I shoot mostly Glocks and AR-15s, but other things from time to time when the mood strikes...

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm also in the St. Louis area (St. Peters like you, more specifically).  Sometimes, I go to Benchrest as a guest of a friend who is a member there.  More often though, I end up at the Reifsnider or Logan MDC ranges.  I haven't been to Busch since I was a kid.  The same friend that has a membership to Benchrest was scolded at Busch for shooting too fast with a Mauser.

I've thought about joining Benchrest myself, but I'm not sure I'd go enough to justify the cost, especially the first year's cost.  Benchrest does have plenty of rules too, and on weekends, you have to be sure to check the schedule before heading out there since various ranges can be closed for matches.  It is a nice facility though, and the only place anywhere close I know of where you can shoot out to 600 yards.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I currently live in St. Charles, off of Harvester Rd.

By declaring you have property to shoot at you are now obligated to have us all over for BBQ and shooting fun.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I am closer to STL than KC out here in Warrenton. I might be able to host you to a day at Benchrest if you want to try it out. As stated, one or two of the ranges might be closed during the weekend due to a lot of Benchrest matches and we do also host some handgun matches too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry but we have enough Ryan's in the STL group as it is ... I suggest you move far far away.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#7]
St. Louis (South Sieeede)

Sorry, shoot at Dept. ranges.  Might be joining Arnold though for my kids
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Jeff here...
I live in downtown STL
I have memberships at bullseye and Arnold
I also need to shoot more...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm also in the St. Louis area (St. Peters like you, more specifically).  Sometimes, I go to Benchrest as a guest of a friend who is a member there.  More often though, I end up at the Reifsnider or Logan MDC ranges.  I haven't been to Busch since I was a kid.  The same friend that has a membership to Benchrest was scolded at Busch for shooting too fast with a Mauser.

I've thought about joining Benchrest myself, but I'm not sure I'd go enough to justify the cost, especially the first year's cost.  Benchrest does have plenty of rules too, and on weekends, you have to be sure to check the schedule before heading out there since various ranges can be closed for matches.  It is a nice facility though, and the only place anywhere close I know of where you can shoot out to 600 yards.

Yea at Busch they don't like rapid shots...I have been yelled at a few times lol!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I currently live in St. Charles, off of Harvester Rd.

By declaring you have property to shoot at you are now obligated to have us all over for BBQ and shooting fun.  

That could be arranged....after the hunting season is over though!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:44:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I am closer to STL than KC out here in Warrenton. I might be able to host you to a day at Benchrest if you want to try it out. As stated, one or two of the ranges might be closed during the weekend due to a lot of Benchrest matches and we do also host some handgun matches too.

Thanks for the offer...I would like to try it out before I decided if I want to join or not.  The 600 yard range does interest me as well as getting into some competition shooting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:45:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sorry but we have enough Ryan's in the STL group as it is ... I suggest you move far far away.

There only can be only one true Ryan..sorry!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
WG in St. Louis County

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I am in wentzville and I am a benchrest member.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I was debating on joining Bench-rest but now we have to worry about range availability on weekends there too?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I live in Maryland Heights when I'm not in school and shoot at Top Gun in Arnold, MO. I've been a member with them for years and have been satisfied. It does get quite crowded at times though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok, for your viewing pleasure try this site out. It is the BRRC web site.

http://www.shootingstl.com
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm in Kirkwood  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in west St. Louis County.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Hello.  Here for law school.  Come have a cigar with us this Friday (thread's in this section)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in Arnold just south of STL here.

needless to say I don't shoot enough...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm in Arnold just south of STL here.

needless to say I don't shoot enough...

So how longs it take you to get to ARPC, like 15 mins max???

That would be sweet... Takes me almost an hour each way...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#23]
13 miles west of Warrenton here if anyone wants to shoot in the boondocks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#24]
St Peters checking in.  I usually shoot at Logan CA...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey I live in St. Chuck too. Born and raised in St. Peters tho. That's awesome that you're in that city and still have land to shoot on. That's what I wanna find.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm about 15 miles West of Six Flags, and do most of my shooting in the back yard.

There's a tacked thread, if you want to see what general area everyone is from;

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=399495
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hello.  Here for law school.  Come have a cigar with us this Friday (thread's in this section)

Yea I saw that thread...I unfortunately have to work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:59:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hey I live in St. Chuck too. Born and raised in St. Peters tho. That's awesome that you're in that city and still have land to shoot on. That's what I wanna find.

I wish....my land and cabin is about 3 hours from my place in St. Peters.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#29]
For those that have gone to Logan...how is it there?  Looking to sight one of my .308's in before rifle season.  I usually do this at my land, but I don't want to disturb anything because of the hunting season coming up.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#30]
StL area here too.
Quoted:
13 miles west of Warrenton here if anyone wants to shoot in the boondocks.

IM incoming.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For those that have gone to Logan...how is it there? Looking to sight one of my .308's in before rifle season. I usually do this at my land, but I don't want to disturb anything because of the hunting season coming up.

Reifsnider, Logan, and Ranacker all have ranges built by the Dep't of Conservation. I have heard there's a new range at Ranacker that is pretty nice - this range is just North of Bowling Green. Whether to shoot at these location depends on your tolerance for bad gun handling and a need for constant vigilance while you're down range.

+1 On this....

One of the main reasons I joined a Club...

Clubs seem to be ran better, stuff less torn up, safer shooters, never worry about range over crowding, I could go on...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:53:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Welcome to the site.

I'm Bob and I live in Franklin County.

If you get a chance, join us for one of our shoots at my place. We have fun.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:55:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Arnold, member of ARPC, ex-member of Benchrest.
Don't shoot as much as I used to but still enjoy my time at the range.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:59:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Welcome to the site.

If you get a chance, join us for one of our shoots at my place. We have fun.....

+1 on this...

Been out there twice now, had a great time on both occasions...  

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you not scared of the drive, put his next shoot on your Calendar... Its closer to Bob's than to your property, you mentioned was 3 hours away...  

Where is that BTW???

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:03:46 AM EDT
[#36]
We need to do one of those web maps, where you put in your zipcode or address and it puts a Poster Pin in the map where you are, then you can look at the map as a whole and see where everyone is...

I forgot what site I saw that one...  It doesn't reveal anyones exact address, for privacy and tinfoil hat'ers... Just give an idea to density..
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those that have gone to Logan...how is it there?  Looking to sight one of my .308's in before rifle season.  I usually do this at my land, but I don't want to disturb anything because of the hunting season coming up.

75 yards.

I live near O'Fallon, but I ain't from here, I grew up in SW Missouri.

If you want to go to Benchrest some time, let me know, I'll show you around and you can shoot that rifle to 600 yards if you want.

Reifsnider, Logan, and Ranacker all have ranges built by the  Dep't of Conservation.  I have heard there's a new range at Ranacker that is pretty nice - this range is just North of Bowling Green.  Whether to shoot at these location depends on your tolerance for bad gun handling and a need for constant vigilance while you're down range.

Not a big fan of bad gun safety so I will definately skip those ranges.  I would love to go to Benchrest. Send me an IM regarding your availability.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to the site.

+1 on this...

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you not scared of the drive, put his next shoot on your Calendar... Its closer to Bob's than to your property, you mentioned was 3 hours away...  

Where is that BTW???

My property is in Licking,MO
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the site.

+1 on this...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is that BTW???

That is a Haul....  

Seems like everyone has propery out somewhere, that tehy call ""The country"...

Some way the heck out 44 some way the heck down off hwy 67...  

I have a small postage stamp sized lot down around Park Hills Area of HWY 32... Not sure what the area is actually called to tell people where its at...

I went to licking once with my granparents when I was about 12-14ish...  I remember stopping at some park for a quick picnic lunch....  I think we were going to their  farm near to Kenette MO, not sure why though...  Soo so, long ago...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Welcome to the site.

+1 on this...

Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is that BTW???

That is a Haul....  

I have a small postage stamp sized lot down around Park Hills Area of HWY 32... Not sure what the area is actually called to tell people where its at...

I went to licking once with my granparents when I was about 12-14ish...  I remember stopping at some park for a quick picnic lunch....  I think we were going to their  farm near to Kenette MO, not sure why though...  Soo so, long ago...

That is funny! I call it "The Country" too!  It was probably Montauk State Park where you went.  Very small town of only 2000 or so people.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm in south county. I do most of my shooting at gogops house.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#42]

St. Louis (South Sieeede)

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Chalk up another one for Warrenton.

Former resident of St. Peters and I swear I will never look back!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#44]
hey all,

I am in Florissant, but go shooting in Lincoln county, found that Logan is an unmanned range when the police academy had night shotgun training out there back in 2005.

The Logan range is nice, no one to bitch if you want to rapid fire, and seculated which is nice, just dont go on the weekends, made that mistake and was very crowded.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the site.

+1 on this...

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where is that BTW???

That is a Haul....

I went to licking once with my granparents when I was about 12-14ish... I remember stopping at some park for a quick picnic lunch.... I think we were going to their farm near to Kenette MO, not sure why though... Soo so, long ago...

That is funny! I call it "The Country" too! It was probably Montauk State Park where you went. Very small town of only 2000 or so people.

Na, the little propery is on a small lake area called Holiday Shores, but most people have never heard of it or anything around it; so I never know how to explain it....

Best way I can explain it is, Going back HWY 32 off of 67, you pass St. Joe Park and pass through Bismarck and its on 32 (on the right) before 32 hits 21... If you run into 21, you went about 7 miles too far...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Holiday+Shores+Missouri&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=56.856075,94.746094&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Holiday+Shores,+Washington,+Missouri&z=15
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Licking. I used to hunt on a guys property that best way to discribe it is that hiway E just north of Huston and the big piney. He had 1K acres. And  I would spend the nights at my Grandma's SW of Salem so I would shoot across on 19 or is it 119 and pick up donuts in Licking just west of the rawlings plant. Driving through Licking back then in 1990 the smoke across the hi-way was a wee bit choking.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Licking. I used to hunt on a guys property that best way to discribe it is that hiway E just north of Huston and the big piney. He had 1K acres. And  I would spend the nights at my Grandma's SW of Salem so I would shoot across on 19 or is it 119 and pick up donuts in Licking just west of the rawlings plant. Driving through Licking back then in 1990 the smoke across the hi-way was a wee bit choking.

No more plant that is gone! There is nice prison now though. I only have 82 acres, but I back to the National Forest which is cool!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Stl county here!  Bridgeton area.  I go to Logan occasionally to shoot.   I try and get there early in the morn (06:30~07:00) to avoid the crazies that show up from time to time.

I also make the trip to Little Indian Creek sometimes.  MDC made a nice new range there a few years ago.  Buddy of mine lives down that way and we will go there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:17:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Grew up in Ballwin and I am currently finishing up a residency in Kansas City. I have plans to move back to the area after my program wraps up. My folks own approx 90 acres with a cabin in the Ozarks; it would be a great place to shoot, fish, and camp if I could find some time away from KC.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I live about two miles from GOGOP.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top