Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2010 7:52:22 PM EDT
I've heard good things about them for engraving SBR's (AR lowers) and they are not too far from my residence.  I'm planning on taking the NFA plunge soon and wanted to know, generally, what is the cost for Accu-Laser to engrave an AR lower to the required specs?

If this has been addressed already, I apologize.  I could not find it from a search.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he runs $20-$30. Last time I went there was about 5 months ago. I had him engrave 4 guns and 3 sets of handcuffs, he only charged me $40 I think. It was a great deal.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW!  That is much more reasonable than I had thought.  I might just bring some handcuffs and flashlights to be engraved if it is that cheap.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Call him ahead of time.
I usually just call and ask when is the best time to come in. He might have a lot going on one week and ask if you can come in the next. The two times I have used him he has had time within a day or two.

I have ASP handcuffs so they have the plastic coating on part. It took him about 3 to 4 minutes to engrave the plastic with my name and badge number on all three.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Definately call.  He works approx 6a-230p.  Sometimes it's easier for him if you bring it by at the start/end of he day, but I've also gotten lucky and he's stopped whatever project he's doing and done the engraving for me right then.. Cash is king..

scottMO

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Does he do only text or can he do images as well?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does he do only text or can he do images as well?

He does images too.  From his website:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#7]
He showed me some work where he'd scanned a photo and engraved it on a piece of sheet metal.  If you can think of it, he can probably do it.

It's also really nice that he can get the under-side of the trigger guard without having to take the trigger group out.  Just swing the bottom of the trigger guard out of the way so the laser can "see" the surface to be engraved.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the additional info gentlemen, I appreciate it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top