Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2010 10:07:34 PM EDT
I would like to take a weekend camping and fishing trip in late April, but most likely early to mid May.  I am very open to anywhere around a 1.5 - 2 hour drive from KC...a little more is OK.  My fishing boat is on the smaller side, as is the outboard, so something like Truman won't really work for me.  

I would prefer there be a camp ground close with the very "basic amenities" present.

Just looking for a place to spend the day on the lake (catching fish is a bonus) and the evening camping.  Nothing more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2010 11:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Table Rock State Park ?

Big mostly flat good bass lake above. Tail water trout fishery below, both moments from the camp sight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 3:28:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Pomme De Terre Lake. I live on the lake, close to the dam and am 100 miles from Harrisonville. They are predicting a good Crappie year this year and you would be timing it just about right. The Wheatland boat ramp and park are right here together and some camp sites, you can park your boat on the shore right at your site or very close.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pomme De Terre Lake. I live on the lake, close to the dam and am 100 miles from Harrisonville. They are predicting a good Crappie year this year and you would be timing it just about right. The Wheatland boat ramp and park are right here together and some camp sites, you can park your boat on the shore right at your site or very close.

X2 on this.

Wheatland is where I always camp and Pom is a very nice lake.  Very quiet during the weekdays also.  Defiantly stop a park ranger and ask for a Fish Habitat map.  They have spent allot of time and money putting in good Habitat for the fish and they usably bite real good around those areas.  Plus there are a few around Wheatland.
Link Posted: 3/3/2010 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
My boat is 14' and I have a 9.9 HP outboard - I'm unfamiliar with Pomme de Terre...would I still be good with a boat that size?

Link Posted: 3/3/2010 9:11:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My boat is 14' and I have a 9.9 HP outboard - I'm unfamiliar with Pomme de Terre...would I still be good with a boat that size?  

I think you would be fine during the weekdays.  It can get a little ruff on the weekends.
Link Posted: 3/7/2010 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think you would be fine with your boat. Just stay close to shore on the weekends. The flats off the shore at Wheatland park are a good bet for trolling with your size boat. I've cleaned up on Crappie and White bass on those flats in the spring trolling Hot 'N' Tots. Stop by the house when you get here and I can show you from the shore where I'm talking about. PM me and I'll tell you where I live.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Lake Taneycomo for Rainbow and Brown Trout...

Very well suited to a small boat.  Actually you're probably better off with a smaller boat.

There are several camp grounds and public boat ramps.

http://www.coopercreekresort.com/

http://www.branson.com/learn/branson-lakes/lake-taneycomo/

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:37:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL...well I know where to go if I want to catch a dead hooker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top