Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2009 6:16:09 PM EDT
4 Brave Warriors risked it all to go behind enemy lines to search out terrorist training camps and attempt to capture the terrorist leader.
This activity took place while everyone slept peacefully Friday evening at approximately 2300L

They boarded transport to their destiny and rode into combat.
The mission was not an easy one, to seek out the two terrorist training camps.
The terror leader was known to be in the area visiting the camps attempting to unify two factions in a neighboring country.

If the opportunity presented itself they were to attempt to apprehend this man.
The odds were stacked against them at every turn.
The Enemy outnumbered them in the region on the order of 300-500:1
But without blinking they said "Yes SIR!" and pressed on with the mission.
Proof of Life.

Three are members here the fourth you likely do not know.

Night time recon revealed nothing except fleeting glimpses of terrorist security patrols, confirming a presense in the region and likely evidence of the presence of the leadership given that extra security had been laid on.
"Operation Urgent Strike"
SPARTAN 44 "RIP"

They carried the battle to the enemy at every turn, once compromised they inflicted heavy enemy casualties
They did not go down easy, to the very end they agressively and violently brought death to the terrorists.
Until they could no longer stand and fight. Accounting for more than 100 enemy KIA. Each had been hit at least 4 times.
One engagement was likened to a 200yard game of "Whack-A-Mole"

Not making light of military deaths you all know that of me.
eerily the outcome was quite similar to certain real world missions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I LOVE the patch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:29:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I LOVE the patch.

TJ picked those up for us.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 9:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I know that dude

So did you find Ben?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know that dude

So did you find Ben?

The Patrol that unzipped our pants for us did a "Leeeerrrrroooooooyyyyyyy AH Jenkinnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssss" for us and just ran in...
They were supposed to provide Overwatch and determine if the Adversary was in place but spoiling for a fight they just ran in...

Not their fault I suppose they were danger close and ultimately would have lost the initiative. If it were real I doubt they would have been captured.

I personally never laid eyes on Ben until after End-Ex. He was a well dressed terror king pin.
The Opposing force dressed the part for this event... Several were not in costume per se' but they did wear Shemaghs for the most part and correct style headgear. Typically mismatched uniform pieces, there are always a few who don't get the word.

In reality the BluFor was outnumbered 3:1 on this exercise. I also know that TJ and myself were getting good hits and kills out to 200+ meters, I believe Matt and Brock were as well, Matt was humping one of the LSWs and I am certain he has become "one" with that weapon. Brock, TJ and Myself were carrying our own personal weapons. I was getting standing off hand kills at 200, and point kills closer in. We were carrying a finite amount of ammo so spray and pray is not the way to go, But Matt was humping 400+ rounds on his person I was packing 319 and the others were similarly strapped.

The ROE for the event was to perform the RECON pinpoint the camps for a followon strike, and IF POSSIBLE apprehend...
The fact that the apprehension did not occur is not a game ender but we only really located one camp, the other we never managed to find...
Due to the fact that we were compromised it kept us bottled up a bit.

Death Rules for the OpFor were in place to make them appear as a much larger force than they really were.
Wound Rules for the BluFor made them less likely to be overly agressive so as not to be killed too fast.
First Wound= Extremity (Hand ARm)
Second wound= concussion (tunnel vision and Suditory occlusion by use of special Safety glasses and ear plugs)
Third Wound= Abdominal, pain can't be simulated for this one adequately so it is a mobility issue, the Abdominal Girdle would be compromised and mobility would suffer
Fourth Wound is Death... end of story,

The shooter needed to touch up with the Medic to get fixed up, God Gun respawn and bandaged, hand taped into a fist, glasses and earplugs, to help the shooter move or to evac the body. Our Medic carried a body bag for this eventuality.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know that dude

So did you find Ben?

The Patrol that unzipped our pants for us did a "Leeeerrrrroooooooyyyyyyy AH Jenkinnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssssss" for us and just ran in...
They were supposed to provide Overwatch and determine if the Adversary was in place but spoiling for a fight they just ran in...

Not their fault I suppose they were danger close and ultimately would have lost the initiative. If it were real I doubt they would have been captured.

I personally never laid eyes on Ben until after End-Ex. He was a well dressed terror king pin.
The Opposing force dressed the part for this event... Several were not in costume per se' but they did wear Shemaghs for the most part and correct style headgear. Typically mismatched uniform pieces, there are always a few who don't get the word.

In reality the BluFor was outnumbered 3:1 on this exercise. I also know that TJ and myself were getting good hits and kills out to 200+ meters, I believe Matt and Brock were as well, Matt was humping one of the LSWs and I am certain he has become "one" with that weapon. Brock, TJ and Myself were carrying our own personal weapons. I was getting standing off hand kills at 200, and point kills closer in. We were carrying a finite amount of ammo so spray and pray is not the way to go, But Matt was humping 400+ rounds on his person I was packing 319 and the others were similarly strapped.

The ROE for the event was to perform the RECON pinpoint the camps for a followon strike, and IF POSSIBLE apprehend...
The fact that the apprehension did not occur is not a game ender but we only really located one camp, the other we never managed to find...
Due to the fact that we were compromised it kept us bottled up a bit.

Death Rules for the OpFor were in place to make them appear as a much larger force than they really were.
Wound Rules for the BluFor made them less likely to be overly agressive so as not to be killed too fast.
First Wound= Extremity (Hand ARm)
Second wound= concussion (tunnel vision and Suditory occlusion by use of special Safety glasses and ear plugs)
Third Wound= Abdominal, pain can't be simulated for this one adequately so it is a mobility issue, the Abdominal Girdle would be compromised and mobility would suffer
Fourth Wound is Death... end of story,

The shooter needed to touch up with the Medic to get fixed up, God Gun respawn and bandaged, hand taped into a fist, glasses and earplugs, to help the shooter move or to evac the body. Our Medic carried a body bag for this eventuality.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:12:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So,........ Advanced Airsoft?

Well in the way that "Airsoft" and "Paintball" are  "Games" this is more of a "SIMULATION"
MILES is the actual gear used by the US Military. Paintball and Airsoft are Toys.
This IS as real as it gets, unless you really use bullets.
That tends to shorten the experience.

In that it was entertainment I suppose it was like Airsoft on Steroids except you use a REAL WEAPON, adapted for blanks
and it functions like a real weapon the trigger is the same, the way you clear a stoppage is the same, mag changes are the same.
Sights are the same etc. Airsoft weapons in my experience are not so realistic in function.

You can poke fun all you want as long as you still realize that I can still ourshoot you

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Mall Ninja alert!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mall Ninja alert!

POS Zapped my text!
Since you are new and don't know me you can have a pass.
No mall ninjitsu here.
Carry your 16 posts back to Kansas...

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the last thing they assaulted was a Dairy Queen.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
ourshoot you

God Bless You!  
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You can poke fun all you want as long as you still realize that I can still ourshoot you

You just go right on believing that.  

OK will do! Good of you to admit it...
Heck I would go so far as to prove it using YOUR WEAPONS!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

that ther was funny

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no you don't!  I know what you're doing.  You're trying to get your mitts on my ammo!  Well it won't work I tell ya!  I'm too smart to fall for that!  

Uh, no, that was not the plan at all... Nope No Siree...
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no you don't!  I know what you're doing.  You're trying to get your mitts on my ammo!  Well it won't work I tell ya!  I'm too smart to fall for that!  

Uh, no, that was not the plan at all... Nope No Siree...

Right...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
All in the name of adventure Thought I would share a couple more pics.
Well dressed insurgents...

The Captured Troops.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Tactical dress...Now I have seen everything.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top