Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 5:15:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#1]
That is unreal.  I wonder just how this will affect combat in the future?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
So, how long until these show up as "surplus" in the usual places?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Unreal you say, exactly. watch closer it looks like the infared is put in with a paintbrush. If it wasnt done after the images were taken it looks like an onboard computer is intrepreting data and color filling what it thinks you want to look at. The night vision part looks lots like the PVS-14
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no military knowledge about carp like this. I do know a friend of my family did a lot of engineering work for NV and I thought most of that went on at Ft. Belvoir and A.P. Hill in Virginia with private nonmilitary sites in NM and California. Wouldn't new stuff come from there as well or did they move where such things are tested? Pretty neat if it's on the level.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The press release from the Army references Ft. Belvoir...

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/03/30/18980-army-fielding-enhanced-night-vision-goggles/
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
dammit, one more thing i want and think i need but will be ridiculously out of my price range if it is even available, thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The press release from the Army references Ft. Belvoir...

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/03/30/18980-army-fielding-enhanced-night-vision-goggles/

Your tenacity and interwebs super sleuthing > mine sir. I salute you.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have no military knowledge about carp like this. I do know a friend of my family did a lot of engineering work for NV and I thought most of that went on at Ft. Belvoir and A.P. Hill in Virginia with private nonmilitary sites in NM and California. Wouldn't new stuff come from there as well or did they move where such things are tested? Pretty neat if it's on the level.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, that guy took a massive carp!  I bet it smells pretty bad.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:34:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Having dealt with decades old thermal sights while in I'm curious about the cooling element and if there's any noise produced from it operating in the thermal mode.

It also looks like part of the package can be run remote, while they are handheld the box is on top of the mount but at the end of the video it's located at the rear of the helmet. A very good idea for weight distribution purposes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top