Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2009 2:22:36 PM EDT
Sat–– Anyone up for the gunshow and then Crossfire indoor range afterwards??  Either/both?  

I used to hit every show going back to the days of "super shows" on Front street but havent hit to many over the last few years.  I'm not looking for anything and am not expecting alot but sometimes it's good to get out and see some things in person.

I'll prob hit the gun range on the way back.  

scottMO
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
SOB! I'm going first thing in the morning, but then it's a full day of work for me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I am hitting the show first thing in the AM also. Got a KISS pencil barrel carbine I am gonna try to sell.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm bringing my build to find a good soft case to fit.  The morning line has been down to the far end of the Holiday Inn at the last few RK shows.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
take some lube with you, last time it was $8 at the door for half of the convention center (kci)  

PTK
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
take some lube with you, last time it was $8 at the door for half of the convention center (kci)  

PTK

Last gun show it was 10 bucks a head...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

PTK

Last gun show it was 10 bucks a head...

memory's going, I'm geting old....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Poly,
Give me a call in the AM(SAT) and I will come by and pick you up.  Planing around 10am.
Dave
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone going to crossfire?  I thought about bringing my converted saiga 12 for you guys to check out.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anyone going to crossfire?  I thought about bringing my converted saiga 12 for you guys to check out.

I was there from 130p-3p or so...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I got there at 8:30 and the line was just to the inside doors. I was on a mission to find either an LCP or a PM9 and since there wasn't a PM9 (that I saw) I got the LCP. Also, picked up some 380 for $22 a box which was the cheapest I saw. It was $34 and up on every other table.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I didnt see a PM9 either.  Picked up an Ammo can from ?? and then a CMMG .22lr mag from Fire for Effect...

Saw several Ruger Chargers for 309.00/310.00.  Hmm....
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#12]
To hell with RK Shows and their ridiculous $10 entrance fee. If you want to sell your stuff, put it on Gunbroker or local listings. I don't want to push through crowds of 40 year old men that have never taken a bath, the stupid candle saleswomen, or the ex-navy seal selling beef jerky who now sounds like a woman thanks to steroids. Then once you get anywhere it's usually some over-zealous dealer trying to get $1k for a bare bones mid length CMMG or DPMS AR15 or $700 for a shitty WASR10 with a "low" round count. That and the guys who are too lazy to be at the show half the time and leave their display covered up with blankets. And you can't forget the people trying to get over $100 for mosins! And you really have to hand it to the guys who rush local walmarts for the weeks prior buying up ammo so they can hike up the price at the show. One of the last shows I went to there were guys selling walmart marked wwb fmj 45 auto for $60/100rnd.

The only deals you find there are the people walking around or the random private seller trying to make a quick buck before he/she goes home on just the first day. It's how I got my CZ 85, lots of ammo, and my SKS. It's no fun dealing with the fanatics that can not take "no" for an answer and instead try to reason with you that the supreme dictator Obama is going to ban every item on their table including the fabric cover because it isn't eco friendly.

Really, the only show I'm looking forward to is the Missouri Valley Arms Collectors association show on July 24, 25,and 26th. With those shows it's not just every bill, bob, and rick overpriced gun store thrown under one roof. There's stuff genuinely there for show and that's what I like. Real collectors material.

Sorry to be the Debby Downer of the conversation. It's just becoming quite clear that people are putting up with the greedy guys at RK Shows no matter how bad they're getting screwed over by them. I don't understand it. It's time for people to stop supporting them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Went to the show looking for a short rail for my Saiga handguard.  I was at a guys table looking over his stuff, optics, rails, and such.  I set my handguard down and looked away for a minute and it was gone.  There wasn't anyone else but him and me.  I asked "what happened to my handguard?"  he replied "what handguard?" Dirty b@stard stole my handguard!  I wanted to stomp his a$$ right there, but not worth it for a $15 handguard.  When a dealer will do that to a customer, I think it will be a long time before I go to another gunshow.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:00:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Volucris,
You're conclusions are much the same that I came to after the last show that was $10, you can ship a lot of stuff for $10......

I too am looking foward to the collector's show, I like the display's

PTK
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Went to the show looking for a short rail for my Saiga handguard.  I was at a guys table looking over his stuff, optics, rails, and such.  I set my handguard down and looked away for a minute and it was gone.  There wasn't anyone else but him and me.  I asked "what happened to my handguard?"  he replied "what handguard?" Dirty b@stard stole my handguard!  I wanted to stomp his a$$ right there, but not worth it for a $15 handguard.  When a dealer will do that to a customer, I think it will be a long time before I go to another gunshow.

O F$%K!  I would have monkey stomped that SOB!  You should of made such a loud scene that he would have started throwing $$$ at you to go away!  Dude would have had a rectangular bruise on his forhead that looked like a glock 19 mag base plate, of course I wouldn't ccw in a place that was posted  but I still would have monkey stomped his ass!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a relatively quit person in public. If some assclown vendor stole something from me by the time I got done making a scene I would have my item back and he would be paying me to leave. I had a similar incident with the owner of a restaurant and his sons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#17]
There was plenty police there I would have gotten one of them to come over. Hell... if people can call from the fast food shop because they ran out of nuggets, I'd think theft "might" top that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#18]
$10 is a small price to pay for 3-4 hrs of entertainment.  i also saw a few old friends, and got a good deal on a Microtech Makora II.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top