Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2009 3:27:41 PM EDT
While checking out the Town and Country Ammo selection today for a box or 22lr,  I asked the man working the counter how often the ammo comes in.  He said it should come in every morning but obviously the demand has put a strain on that. He said today a man came all the way in from Pontoon Beach Ill, and bought all 60 boxes of the bulk 22.   Now I know why they never have any when I go in.  

If you are interested he did have about 50+ boxes of 9mm and 45 blazer, but did say it will all be gone by tonight, so if you are in the area and are looking, might want to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:02:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Talked to the guy today at my wal mart (south county off telegraph) and he said they have no idea. A few boxes here and there will just show up once in a while. Who knows
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Talked to the guy today at my wal mart (south county off telegraph) and he said they have no idea. A few boxes here and there will just show up once in a while. Who knows

I was at the same one Friday morning around 10am and the lady there said that they had some on the shelf that morning but 1 guy bought every box of 9mm that they had around 9am.  Just my luck
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Just keep checkin back. I got luck today. They had 4 boxes of WWB 9mm, and I bought them out of Federal .308 for ..... wait.... 12.97 a box?! I was thirlled to buy 7 boxes!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 3:24:43 AM EDT
[#4]
same story at my walmart in mexico.  someone came in a cleaned the place out of 22 over the weekend.  i haven't seen pistol calibers or 223 there in quite awhile.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Havent seen any handgun or ammo in mine out in Wentzville for a while.  Asked guy behind the counter and he said a guy keeps coming in and buying everything they have.  Perhaps the gunbroker auctions for the value packs are selling.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Havent seen any handgun or ammo in mine out in Wentzville for a while.  Asked guy behind the counter and he said a guy keeps coming in and buying everything they have.  Perhaps the gunbroker auctions for the value packs are selling.

Well I am sort of the person to blame for the lack of 9mm at the Wentzville and Lake St Louis location, but its not me on the other cal.  But I will warn you, If i catch either one of the Wal-Marts with bulk 22Lr, I am going to clean them out, (unless the price goes up). I will stop with the 9mm and 22lr when I hit 11,000 rounds each.

Link Posted: 3/24/2009 11:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
HA you must be the one who the guy was talking about on the 9mm.  I do not own or shoot the 9mm, but I am on the hunt for the WWB .45 value packs.  I buy all the federal .22 bulk as well when its there.  Maybe we should start a buddy system, I'll notify you on the 9mm and you can hit me up on the .45 and we can split the .22.  Deal ? LOL
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I am sort of the person to blame for the lack of 9mm at the Wentzville and Lake St Louis location, but its not me on the other cal. But I will warn you, If i catch either one of the Wal-Marts with bulk 22Lr, I am going to clean them out, (unless the price goes up). I will stop with the 9mm and 22lr when I hit 11,000 rounds each.

You turd!  

I knew you were snagging the 9mm out from under my nose, but I didn't know you were snagging the 22lr too!  Dang it!  Although, I did beat you to a couple of 9mm boxes the other day!  HAHAHA!  
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 2:20:44 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife rocks! She came home tonight with four boxes of Blazer Brass .45acp from the local Wallyworld. Says she's been checking on availability for me since she knows I have the DVC training class coming up. I'm almost afraid to ask what she paid for it, but what a great gal!  

The couple that ammo whores together stays together!
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank god I reload and have been scrounging brass for years.
You fellers might not like me for this but I believe I have a few thousand loaded rounds of 9mm and probably well over 5k pieces of 9mm brass.
Of course I will try not to mention similiar amounts of .223 ammo.....

With conservative shooting (damn, I would much rather do some liberal shooting ) I should be able to make a year or two before serious resupply is needed.

Gary(Brass Rat)M
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:00:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I work at the wal mart distribution center, i know when the ammo trucks come in, i deliver the ammo to the trailors for each store in MO and ILL, so i write down how many boxes of what cal each store is getting and then i check to see when the truck will deliver the trailor to the stores, presto...instant ammo. I get it before it hits the shelves, its still in the cases.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:29:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Beltfed, you might be able to answer this then–– is there any truth to the rumor that the Walmarts aren't getting in full shipments of ammo?  Local tool behind the counter said that demand is high to be sure, but also that they aren't getting in as much ammo as they should be and that is contributing to the problem.
Link Posted: 3/24/2009 5:47:56 PM EDT
[#13]
They are getting in as much, but its just not enough to keep the stocks full, people are buyin more now then before, what used to be enough to keep the shelves full isnt anymore, we arent getting anyless, we just arent getting any more. We supply 118 stores, thats alot of ammo to supply. I get a nut everytime i haul pallets of this stuff, depresses me when i have to drop it off at a store thats too far from me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:16:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I am sort of the person to blame for the lack of 9mm at the Wentzville and Lake St Louis location, but its not me on the other cal. But I will warn you, If i catch either one of the Wal-Marts with bulk 22Lr, I am going to clean them out, (unless the price goes up). I will stop with the 9mm and 22lr when I hit 11,000 rounds each.

You turd!  

I knew you were snagging the 9mm out from under my nose, but I didn't know you were snagging the 22lr too!  Dang it!  Although, I did beat you to a couple of 9mm boxes the other day!  HAHAHA!  

This run on ammo and guns is giving the old saying "Keeping up with the Jones'" a whole new meaning.  I will be going on vacation next week and taking a few more single days with it starting this Fri, so I will be hitting WW a lot and will most likley score some moore.  To make things worse for you all, my shooting partner is low on 9mm also, so when I find some I will buy it all.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HA you must be the one who the guy was talking about on the 9mm.  I do not own or shoot the 9mm, but I am on the hunt for the WWB .45 value packs.  I buy all the federal .22 bulk as well when its there.  Maybe we should start a buddy system, I'll notify you on the 9mm and you can hit me up on the .45 and we can split the .22.  Deal ? LOL

Was that you I was talking to at the WW on Hwy K the other night ?  Either way send me an email and I will hit you up when some wwb 45 shows up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#16]
In St. Joseph last Friday, my son called and they had twenty boxes of Federal .223 100 rd bulk packs. By the time he got there someone had bought all of it. He asked them to call the other store, they had twenty boxes but the guy who bought the ammo at the North Belt store was there buying all of theirs.

I stopped at the Wally World at Barry Rd. & I-29 Saturday, they said they don't carry the Federal 100 rd .223 Bulk pack.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#17]
F'n Ammo Whores...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#18]
I was at the walmart in Harrisonville yesterday and he had a couple boxes (from what I could see) of Federal 223 for $41.97 per 100.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just keep checkin back. I got luck today. They had 4 boxes of WWB 9mm, and I bought them out of Federal .308 for ..... wait.... 12.97 a box?! I was thirlled to buy 7 boxes!

What did you pay for 100?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:31:09 AM EDT
[#20]
The shortage continues on. I'm trying to find 38 Special 130 gr WWB target ammo and there is none to be found at any Wal-Marts in St. Charles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top