Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2008 6:15:39 AM EDT
I will have some time this week to hit a shop or two in the good old midwest.  What do you guys have up there in the way of some black rifle & AK shops etc?
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 6:24:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Just stay away from Illinois.  There isn't a single gun shop here I would call great.  Some are acceptable, but they're all lame.  The best bet in Illinois would be Ron and Jo's in O'Fallon on the 64 frontage road.  They're pretty nice there and they're somewhat reasonable, but it's like walking into a broom closet stuffed full of guns.  

Do not, I repeat do not, ever go to the Belleville Shooting Range.  The guy who work there are clueless, they'll ignore you, and they're just generally assholes.  Fuck them.  The ones in Missouri, I've been told, are a lot better.  I'd stay over there.  In fact, the only reason I'd go into Illinois is to see how you don't want your home state to turn out.  Don't carry a gun around in Illinois either.  Instead of going to Illinois, I suggest you go to the Arch, the zoo, and the museums in Forest Park.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
you could go to cabelas?  i RARELY bought anything there but always fun to go look and dick around in....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top