Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/18/2008 8:20:12 PM EDT
I'll be in Columbia and then St. Louis over the next few days for job interviews.  Are there any decent gun shops to check out while I'm in the area?  Also, if you know of any that might carry CCI .22 CB Longs that would be great as well –– can't seem to find any around here.  Thanks.  Oh, and if anyone knows of any arfcommers in anesthesia, let me know.
Link Posted: 11/18/2008 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Black Rifle LLC
Columbia MO

A few posts down from yours:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=32&t=332800

Went there today and bought an upper.  Lots of CMMG goodies.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:17:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Columbia:

Black RIfles on Vandiver –– first road north of I-70, just west of Rangeline (next to Jim's Bike & Key) –– just opened opened. It's CMMG's candy store. Lots of AR's, receivers in stock

Tiger Pawn –– Business Loop 70 near College Blvd –– not a lot of guns but prices are generally fair. Will cut you a deal generally

Family Pawn,  Business Loop 70 –– Business Loop at Rangeline –– A good selection of FUDD guns, a few handguns, a couple of "blacker" type rifles. Prices are often a tad high but these guys will generally deal with you.

Family Pawn, Route B — Paris Road/Route B, north of Vandiver (just past the MFA grain tower) –– Lots of guns but stupid prices and often even more ridiculous clerks. Generally a complete waste of time.

Powder Horn Gun SHop –– hidden in an industrial building on Route B/Parris Road –– Lots of guns. Good guys. They don't give anything away, though.

Target Masters — north on Rangeline (Hwy 763?) –– an indoor range that sells some guns. I've never bought anything there so I can't say how they deal.

Bass Pro Shops –– along Hwy 63, north of I-70 –– new stuff obviously, some used (trade ins)

Jefferson City (30 miles south of Columbia)

Boggs Creek –– at Eastland and E. McCarty –– Mostly FUDD guns. Sticker prices are high but cash talks. Good selection of reloading stuff.

Bob's Guns –– west of town on Hwy 50 at Hwy T –– Lots of guns. Lots of handguns. Lots of knives (old and old school). A bunch of semi-collectable gun (Colt nuts will have a great time). Don't expect the owner (not Bob) to come off his price much. Currently has a couple of black rifles.

House of Bargains –– on old 50 in Apache Flats –– new guns, currently has a decent stock of black rifles (mostly DPMS)

Family Pawn –– Dunklin and Missouri Blvds –– Probably 20-30 in stock at any given time. They turn them over pretty fast because they cut deals.

Aspen Ridge –– across from the Capital Mall in a shopping center –– a new store. Attempts to appeal to upscale clients. Not a lot of inventory yet, but what they have is interesting.

Trims Pawn –– Missouri Blvd –– not many guns, but prices generally fair

Mid-Missouri Pawn –– Missouri Blvd –– Why does this guy even bother unlocking the door?

J's Pawn –– East McCarty at Layfayette –– Nothing to see here

Ammo Alley –– Hwy 63 north of Jeff CIty –– Doesn't seem particularly interested in stocking guns (or ammo for that matter)

Mexico, MO (about 20 miles north of I-70, east of Columbia)

Graf and Sons –– Hwy 15 –– This great reloading supply house recently opened a "Supercenter". Lots of reloading supplies/equipment. New and used guns, too. If you're looking for a Marling 39a, they have a great deal on a used one.

Trim's Pawn –– near the square (by the KFC) –– Not a lot to see but might as well stop while you're there. Like all the Trim family pawn stores, they deal.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:33:28 AM EDT
[#3]
BTW, your best bets for CB Longs are probably Bass Pro or Powder Horn in Columbia, Bogg's Creek in Jeff City, or Graf and Sons in Mexico.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, you could order your CB Longs from MidwayUSA and pick them up at the dock. They're located in Columbia (at the Midway exit, just west of Columbia –– south of I-70)
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:34:02 AM EDT
[#5]
bladeswitcher,
where are you located at to get the scoop on mexico????
just curious i am in mexico.  as far as family pawn in mexico the last time i was in there, they had a few handguns ( maybe 4 max) and 2 or 3 long guns.  not much of a selection of anything in there really.  i would be more than happy to stop by there and get an inventory of what they have if anyone is interested.  i'm not even gonna try and do that with grafs. i'd be typing so long my hands would cramp. lol.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:40:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Bladeswitcher, that was an excellent write-up of area gun shops. It makes me want to stop into Columbia the next time I am passing by on 1-70. It would be nice to get a list of ALL MO area gunshops and stores. This would be a great thread to tack by the gun show info.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
bladeswitcher,
where are you located at to get the scoop on mexico????
just curious i am in mexico.  as far as family pawn in mexico the last time i was in there, they had a few handguns ( maybe 4 max) and 2 or 3 long guns.  not much of a selection of anything in there really.  i would be more than happy to stop by there and get an inventory of what they have if anyone is interested.  i'm not even gonna try and do that with grafs. i'd be typing so long my hands would cramp. lol.

I live in Jefferson City but I travel the state.

BTW, I don't think the pawn store in Mexico is part of the Family Pawn chain. It's owned by Danny Trim, who also owns Tiger Pawn in Columbia and another pawn shop in Boonville. The guy that owned the old pawn shop in Mexico (the one that burned) is a friend of mine, btw.  You're right about their selection, though. I still alway stop there, though. Like I say, they're usually willing to deal on what they do have.

Talking about the pawn shop scene reminds me, there are two or three places in Fulton, Mo, too:

Earl's Pawn –– on Business 54 –– Fudd guns. But you've got to check out their wildlife mounts

Callaway Pawn –– also on Business 54 ––  A fair number of guns, but prices are high. The owner ran Bogg's Creek in Jeff for years and believes he is the final authority on all things guns.

Brigg's –– also on 54 –– This used to be quite a cool gun/hunting shop. Now it seems like the little Misses has taken it over with crafts and shit. Still has some guns and archery stuff, though.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bladeswitcher, that was an excellent write-up of area gun shops. It makes me want to stop into Columbia the next time I am passing by on 1-70. It would be nice to get a list of ALL MO area gunshops and stores. This would be a great thread to tack by the gun show info.

Personally, I think the gun shop scene is better in Jeff City than Columbia –– of course, the addition of Black Rifles changes the equation somewhat.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:59:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Wow, Thanks everyone, especially Bladeswitcher.  That should easily take care of the little bit of free time I'll have.

Quoted:
Also, you could order your CB Longs from MidwayUSA and pick them up at the dock. They're located in Columbia (at the Midway exit, just west of Columbia –– south of I-70)

I completely forgot that Midway is located in Columbia.  They've even got them on sale.  I'll probably just order from them.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Word on the street is that CMMG just opened a retail store in Columbia, Mo. called "BLACK RIFLE". It is located near the intersection of Vandiver and Range Line.  They have vombie medicine, and jihad repelent...
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Word on the street is that CMMG just opened a retail store in Columbia, Mo. called "BLACK RIFLE". It is located near the intersection of Vandiver and Range Line.  They have vombie medicine, and jihad repelent...

You don't happen to work for them, do you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top